New member: Partial Vaginal Hysterectomy plus Repairs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New member: Partial Vaginal Hysterectomy plus Repairs New member: Partial Vaginal Hysterectomy plus Repairs

Unread 03-08-2008, 05:18 PM
New member: Partial Vaginal Hysterectomy plus Repairs

I'm 35 and had a vaginal partial hysterectomy and A&P repair last Friday. I really should have done some research to know what to expect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 05:28 PM

Hi blondie72 and

It's great to have you as a member of the Hystersisters community! I moved your post here to the Post-Op Forum so that members who are recovering from the same surgery can share their experiences.

You are still very early in your recovery and time seems to move slowly when one is wishing to get back to the normal routine of life. I remember the feeling well. What sort of recovery concerns do you have at this point?
Unread 03-08-2008, 05:45 PM

i hope youre feeling better soon. are you in a lot of pain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 11:38 PM

I had vaginal hysterectomy and repairs for cystocel and rectocel Feb 5th...I am still bleeding and get tired now and then but otherwise doing good!
Unread 03-09-2008, 12:14 AM

Thanks for the responses!

I did zero research. I went in for the bladder issues and the dr. did an ultrasound and said my uterus had prolapsed. I told him I was all for a hysterectomy. He suggested vaginal. I said cool, can he tighten it up a bit? He said sure. Then after surgery, it turns out I had a hernia in the muscle between the vagina and rectum which resulted in the posterior repair. I had my surgery one week from the initial dr's visit and asked zero questions. My dad seemed OK but seems sort of lazy. No one told me to do an enema the night before, they didn't shave me, etc.

Right now, my stitches just look REALLY ugly. I can't sit all the way up without some pain. I sort of wish I had done more research prior. I have no idea if he's even a good surgeon, he was the dr that delivered my last baby. I have no idea how many of these he has done. I sort of rushed into it and have found little to no data on the net. This website was the most honest data I could find so here I am.
Unread 03-09-2008, 03:42 AM

Hi Blondie,
Welcome!

I had a TVH, my right ovary and tube removed, plus repairs and my bladder had to put back where it belongs and a sling but in to keep it there.

I looked up some info on the internet before surgery, unfortunetly I didn't find hystersisters until after, and I have found an abundance of info here.

Also hope you feel better real soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register