Post op worries - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op worries Post op worries

Unread 06-14-2004, 06:58 AM
connie

Thanks for the response connie - I am continuing to do my research and will see my GP tomorrow (as it is the GP who usually has to 'sort us out' after the surgeon have had their mitts on/in us.

I am confused as to why you have to work out your dosages - is this something you do as an individual or something that you do in conjunction with the doctor?

If I have the implant - I gather that just sticks in my system till its worked its self out.

Choices, choices
thanks for all the support
Lorreine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2004, 07:38 AM
Post op worries

Lorreine!

Hi

I have just had my last ovary out as well as the rest of that stuff down there. I am tired and a bit sore but its only a week down the line! I am on patches and they are changed every 4 and three days. I have the first one changed tomorrow (although its threatening to drop off! will have to get used to this!) but although early days no serious side effects at the moment.

My consultant prescribed the dosage and it says on the bits in the package what to look out for in case the dosage needs to be changed.

Good luck and I am sure you will feel all the better for it!

Looby
Unread 06-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Post op worries

Hi lorreine...

Im not sure which type you are talking about, i never even researched the implants,just because for personal reasons i dont want anything implanted into my body,so i dont know much about what type you are using. Everybody bodies are different, different dosages for each person. I personally only need .25mg of the climara patch, my mom needs .5mg, it all depends on your body. You will know by how you feel. Me personally I get very restless when i know i have to change my patch. when i first had my hysterectomy i took premarin and then switched to oral estordial 1mg...i was getting way too much estrogen, i had headaches, itchy eyes, and had no energy. Each person is different on what their needs are. Our body produces some estrogen even with ovaries, it all depends on how much we are producing on our own. Your doctor and you will determine what dose by the way you feel. Most go by hot flashes..If your getting them your not getting enough estrogen. Me i never really had hotflashes it was the other symptoms..Its really good to keep a journal during your recovery time, it will help you and your doctor determine what you need. I dont know with the implant what happens if you are getting too much or too little because they cant take it out and just replace it, like i said i never research anything on the implants only because i knew i didnt want that...
I hope your doctor spends the time to explain ....It is somewhat confusing....let us all know how you are doing also, the sisters so helped me through my recovery and figuring out what was going on so i could report to my doctor...we all will be here for you

good luck
connie
Unread 07-03-2004, 04:53 AM
2 weeks post op

Hi ladies,
Just going over some of my old threads, and would like to thank you all for your support.

I am now 2 weeks post op and mentally I feel pretty good/ almost too good - but I think thats just me getting back to my old self. Physically I am still in discomfort - cant beleive how much.

No one warned me about this!. I expected pain, as I had a major op last october - but this is definately something else.
I have had the implants - it seems to be the usual course of action over here in the UK. As mentioned earlier, I feel very good mentally- I was always an optimist, but had the usual pms (although nothing too drastic - so I think the implants are working correctly.

Hope everyone is keeping well and getting stronger.
hugs
Lorreine
Unread 07-03-2004, 08:16 AM
Post op worries

Welcome back Lorreine!! I'm glad that it went okay for you! Post your castle story as soon as you're feeling better, but for now please remember to:
Cheers!!
Michelle
Unread 07-03-2004, 08:29 AM
Post op worries

I think you're gonna be just fine. I am a bit of a control-freak, too, especially when it comes to my health and well-being. If you're anything like me, you'll be driven to find the tools to secure your health.

My aunt had HRT and it took awhile to get it right, but in the meantime, I'm with the lady who mentioned the anti-depressants. There is nothing wrong with this. My Mom took them very successfully. MY mom who was happy and pleasant her whole life, began to handle stress rather badly after menopause. She refused HRT because she didn't trust it.

Family tragedy then struck and forced her into a long-term depression which depleted/changed the chemistry in her brain. The anti-depressant therapy restores this balance and you wouldn't believe the change in her! She runs around with her cute little smiley self like she's 25 again. She is 64. I believe she is on Wellbutrin.

I am so happy to hear that you are feeling well, but wanted to post this info for all of the women who may experience difficulty with depression.

Take care and good luck to you.

Jackie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register