Hyst scheduled for 2/1/2001 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hyst scheduled for 2/1/2001 Hyst scheduled for 2/1/2001

Unread 01-23-2001, 07:06 AM
Hyst scheduled for 2/1/2001

I feel so lucky to have found this site. I am scheduled for a total abdominal hysterectomy on feb. 1, and I am really starting to get nervous. I am 29 and have had terrible pain for a LONG time due to very bad endometriosis. I had a diagnostic laparoscopy on 12/7/2000 and they removed my left ovary and tube then. I contined to have severe pain, and sought a second opinion. I did not want to use the Lupron to shrink the endo, as I have migraines, and do NOT want to make them any worse. The doc also told me that I could take add back hormones while on the Lupron to help my head, but that it would be alot better if I didn't, because the add back hormones would make the Lupron not work.

It is so nice to read all of your posts and advice. I have learned alot and already written a list of stuff to take to the hospital. I am kinda scared about the whole menopause hot flash issue. I am having everything removed. I'm not sure what initials to use, I figure I'll pick it up as I read more. I just wanted to thank you all for all of teh help I have alrady gotten just reading posts and other pages on this site. I think it is great to have a support group.

I have 9 days to go until surgery and I am also dealing with a wicked headache that I have had for the last 5 days off and on. I think it's got a lot to do with nerves and stress. My doc is great and as weird as this sounds, I am really looking forward to the surgery, I know it will finally get this butcher knife out of my gut. I can't wait to see what it's like to be out of pain. I know I face a long recovery time, but in 8 weeks I think I'll be like a new woman. Please post if you any advice for a Lady in waiting with really bad nerves. I would appreciate it!

Thanks and Peace,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2001, 07:33 AM
Im scheduled for 2-1 also

Im right there with you. I know it doesnt sound like much, but just knowing there are other women out there has helped me so much. I have the misfortune of having one last Men. cycle before...Im having flu like symtoms (im sure its just my nerves)...Ive have cramps the last 3 days and the migraine to go with it. From what Ive read, your dr sounds right...in 8 weeks we should be new women. Lets keep our fingers crossed. From the advise other women on here have gave me...just be patient. The wait is the worst part.

*hugs and more hugs*.....email me if you need to talk.

Rachel
Unread 01-23-2001, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the club

Niki,

Hey, I go in on Feb 1st as well. I hadn't counted and didn't realize it was only 9 more days untill I read your post! Oh my heavens! I know it's next week, but when I think of it as down into single digits of days left ......

There are several of us going to the castle on the first. We have started e mailing back and forth. If you'ld like - e mail me at: Linda.Rist@k12.sd.us

I assure you, we are all feeling the same things. Keep your chin up and just look forward to feeling really good for the first time in ages!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2001, 09:26 AM
Hyst scheduled for 2/1/2001

Niki,

I just had my TAH/BSO on 1/10/01 so am now a punctured princess. Let me tell you, I had a severe case of endometriosis and just kept telling myself that I would experience pain after surgery but everyone told me that I would be a new woman after a full recovery. Even my dr. said that I would feel so much better after just the couple weeks of recovery. He then said, remember you are not through with recovery so continue to rest, drink fluids, walk some etc.

I do feel so much better Niki. Everyone said that I changed color due to the severity of my menstrual cramps---white as a ghost. You will have some spotting during your recovery time at home as the internal stitches dissolve and your body takes over in the healing process. As long as the bleeding isn't heavy and you don't have sharp pain just know that the spotting is part of the healing. Ask your doctor about this before being discharged from the hospital.
Also, the nurses and aides were superb. Very comforting and reassuring medical staff. You will feel so much better after you have the surgery and healing starts. I hope this helps.
Unread 01-23-2001, 02:17 PM
I'm 2/1 too!

Just found out I am rescheduled to 2/1 from 2/5 -- so hope I can be a member of your club. This leaves only one weekend to deal with stuff. I'd better get a move on.
Unread 01-24-2001, 08:11 AM
Welcome aboard!

Jen,

Welcome to the Feb 1 club. We're really coming down to the wire now! Had my pre op visit yesterday. Feel free to e mail me. Better get back to grading semester exams and get my grades figured! Yikes!! Too much to do!! Too little time - panic!

Can't wait to hear from you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register