3 1/2 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-25-2005, 01:24 PM
3 1/2 weeks

I'm headed for my post op visit tomorrow. had my surg on 9/30/05 I thought I would feel better than I do. If one more person reminds me that I am not 20 yrs old any more I think I will scream I was reading last nite about others belly issues, mine is still swollen ( I hope that is what is is) I was wondering how many have verticle inscisions and how many horizontal? I have a bikini cut and I am hatting this "flap" i currently have. I'm sorry. I'm not in a very good mood. It has been raining here in the east since I got home. Maybe I need more ice cream lol
Wisdom
TAH LSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2005, 01:37 PM
3 1/2 weeks

I'm in week 12 and I still have swelly belly issues after my TAH....boo...hiss....boo.
I'm back to work full time and had to buy 1 size bigger of two pairs of jeans and two pairs of black dress pants to make it through the work week. When I'm home....it's jammies for me. I had the bikini cut also and after I had my 3rd week appt with the doc, I started using that scar repair gel ( generic mederma ) and it really helped smooth and soften my scar site. My upper belly is pretty much same as it was before surgery and the incision itself is numb but the lower belly is still mighty tender....age 41 here BTW =) Keep up the pampering!!
Definately get more ice cream!!! Hang in there!!
Unread 10-25-2005, 03:47 PM
3 1/2 weeks

Hey, I'm from Mass. too! The rain today left me sleeping most of the day. I can TOTALLY relate! My surgery was Oct 5. I had thought I could start do work from home this week, but I can't sit up get comfortable in the same position for any period of time. I had 3 previous C-sections (20, 18, 16 yrs ago) and at 41, this was NOTHING like those. I am so swollen over my bikini incision that I actually have to lift it up to see my scar-which is still not healed over completely! If I don't laugh about it I will actually start to cry! I have some pain medication left, so when I am in tremendous discomfort it takes the edge off a bit. I thought I'd be so much further along by now. Chin up-here's hoping to the sun coming out tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2005, 04:31 PM
3 1/2 weeks

I remember 3-4 weeks only too well and it has nothing to do with not being 20 years old any more! It's to do with the fact you've had major surgery! Recovery takes months.

I had a 'flap' with my incision and had the dreaded swelly belly. Both resolved themselves but took a few months.

It's such early days and you must try to be patient and rest as much as possible. You don't get this recovery time over again and the last thing you want is 'regrets' later on.

The Ward Sister told me that it would be 3-4 months before I could say I felt just about normal again, and she was right.

Take good care of yourself and good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register