Dec 5th hysterectomy date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dec 5th hysterectomy date Dec 5th hysterectomy date

Unread 11-28-2015, 06:50 AM
Dec 5th hysterectomy date

Hi ladies! I'm new here with a surgery date of Dec 5th. 34 having a one site incision robotic hysterectomy. Everything removed but my right ovary, and possibly my left as well. I won't know until I wake up for surgery. I'm having a hard time shaking this nervous feeling I have. I feel like this date is doomsday and closing in on me, yet okay and really hopeful this turns into a huge blessing and relief from my terrible endometriosis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SookieSummer View Post
Hi ladies! I'm new here with a surgery date of Dec 5th. 34 having a one site incision robotic hysterectomy. Everything removed but my right ovary, and possibly my left as well. I won't know until I wake up for surgery. I'm having a hard time shaking this nervous feeling I have. I feel like this date is doomsday and closing in on me, yet okay and really hopeful this turns into a huge blessing and relief from my terrible endometriosis.
Hi there,

I can totally relate to your nervousness. My surgery is December 2nd. I'm 38 and this will be my second surgery. Had a diagnostic lap last December to remove endometriomas, endo on bowels and rectum. Endo returned and I'm struggling with fatigue, chronic pelvic pain and bleeding. Due to uterine fibroids, the symptoms I mentioned and suspected adenomyosis, I'm having a complete hysterectomy--only leaving one ovary, if possible.

I'm a nervous wreck but know I will feel so much better after surgery just having this thing removed! We have to keep reminding ourselves that this surgery will improve our quality of life. Sure, it's gonna suck for a while afterwards-physically and emotionally, but at least we're all in this together. We are strong, we are fighters and WE GOT THIS!!!

I plan on watching Rocky IV a couple times before surgery to get myself pumped up. 😉

All the best to you!

❤️
Unread 11-28-2015, 06:46 PM

I hear you ladies! I'm 43 and scheduled for a DaVinci total hysterectomy and hoping to keep at least one ovary. My surgery date is December 7th. I feel the same anxiety as you do. I'm a nervous wreck! I have horrible periods with fibroids, but was diagnosed with HPV 16 this year as a "bonus". I'm ready to just have surgery over with and into recovery. I wish everyone the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly G View Post
I hear you ladies! I'm 43 and scheduled for a DaVinci total hysterectomy and hoping to keep at least one ovary. My surgery date is December 7th. I feel the same anxiety as you do. I'm a nervous wreck! I have horrible periods with fibroids, but was diagnosed with HPV 16 this year as a "bonus". I'm ready to just have surgery over with and into recovery. I wish everyone the best.
Good luck Kelly G!! You aren't alone! Currently, I'm watching Trainwreck with my DH to keep my mind occupied. Tomorrow I'm going to grab coffee and a pedi with one of my best girls. I think keeping busy might be the best way to deal with this anxiety of ours.

Hope you have a great remainder of your weekend! Make the best of it like I'm trying to do. We'll be in touch. 👍🏻💪🏻☝🏻️
Unread 11-28-2015, 10:34 PM

Hello all. I'm booked in to have an abdominal hysterectomy on December 4. I was admitted to hospital a month ago with very very heavy bleeding... The kind where you flood through a tampon and maxi pad in a matter of minutes. I have never been so scared in all my life - gave one of the nurses a shock too. Anyway I am a little apprehensive about the surgery as my partner only just got out of hospital as he needed his shoulder tendons to be repaired.... How on earth we have managed to need an op 10 days apart from each other I don't know... But I guess we can just heal together. I am looking forward to no more periods and am hoping for a clean bill of health. Fingers crossed for everyone's surgeries that they all go well and have minimal pain. Best wishes to you all.
Unread 11-29-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleA954 View Post
Hello all. I'm booked in to have an abdominal hysterectomy on December 4. I was admitted to hospital a month ago with very very heavy bleeding... The kind where you flood through a tampon and maxi pad in a matter of minutes. I have never been so scared in all my life - gave one of the nurses a shock too. Anyway I am a little apprehensive about the surgery as my partner only just got out of hospital as he needed his shoulder tendons to be repaired.... How on earth we have managed to need an op 10 days apart from each other I don't know... But I guess we can just heal together. I am looking forward to no more periods and am hoping for a clean bill of health. Fingers crossed for everyone's surgeries that they all go well and have minimal pain. Best wishes to you all.
That must have been terrifying Michelle!!! What did they say was the reason for the bleeding? Do you have fibroids or adenomyosis?

Do you and your partner have friends and family who can lend you support after your surgeries? A couple that recovers together, stays together! 😉

All the best to you Michelle. I'll be thinking of you. Sending you lots of love and strength! 😘😊💪🏻
Unread 11-29-2015, 09:00 AM

Thanks so much!! I'm sure pre-surgery anxiety is normal. I'm headed out today to stock up on some pre-made freezer meals. My intentions to cook them up myself just haven't happened. I'm planning to clean and setup my main recovery areas next to my bed and couch areas. I am also going to download some new books to my Kindle, and get a few magazines. A pedicure is on the list too. Going to cut down Chrustmas tree next weekend.... Ugh, running out of time. Be glad to be in recovery phase! We all got this!
Unread 11-30-2015, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerlea View Post
That must have been terrifying Michelle!!! What did they say was the reason for the bleeding? Do you have fibroids or adenomyosis?

Do you and your partner have friends and family who can lend you support after your surgeries? A couple that recovers together, stays together! 😉

All the best to you Michelle. I'll be thinking of you. Sending you lots of love and strength! 😘😊💪🏻
They found a large fibroid. At the time I didn't think to ask the actual size of it on the scan as I was so scared. I will definitely be asking more about it after my hysterectomy is performed.
I have a 15 year old daughter and 17 and 20 year old sons and they are being our rocks while we both recover.
All the best to you too😊
Unread 11-30-2015, 02:02 PM
Re: Dec 5th hysterectomy date

Hi everyone. I'm also booked in for a hysterectomy on 7th December and have just started feeling nervous; about the same time as I've run out of areas to spring clean in the house. I've got endo (diagnosed from an MRI), adenomyosis resulting in a uterus that's 4-month pregnancy size and some severe impacts on my bowel. As well as the hysterectomy I'm having endo excised and a bowel resection to remove the area that's been stuffed up completely by my endo.
Up till today I was excited more than nervous, but that's changed. I think I might hit the rescue remedy since I can't take anything else at the moment, otherwise I'd be considering St John's Wort, but no herbals from a week before surgery means that's not an option. I'm also going to look for other things to do like warping up my loom, cleaning the kitchen floor etc.
I'm also trying not to give in to my usual reaction to stress which is to spend money online.

I hope everyone's surgery goes smoothly, I'm sure it will (including mine) and I know nerves are completely normal. Hug your family cos hugs are good for you and pat your dog/cat if you have one.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register