TLH 4 weeks post hysterectomy and still sore | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post hysterectomy and still sore 4 weeks post hysterectomy and still sore

Unread 05-24-2016, 08:31 AM
4 weeks post hysterectomy and still sore

It's been about a month since my surgery and I feel like my body is out of whack. My hip, shoulder and rib all hurt on one side. My incisions feel good but my lower abdomen still feels bruised. I get tired really easiliy, is that normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2016, 04:05 PM
Re: 4 weeks post op and still sore

I'm 7 weeks post-op and I am still tired, but the degree of tiredness depends on how active I am during the day. I can make it thru the day without a nap or rest.
Does the pain in your hip & shoulder & ribs just on one side? Maybe you are compensating more on one side than the other? Or maybe you sleep more on that side, and it's just tender?
Unread 05-24-2016, 04:05 PM

i am also at 4 weeks. everyone heals differently but i still feel very sore and tired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2016, 07:25 PM

I had a set back week four to five. It's normal I had to take a couple naps again that week. I needed anti inflammatory meds again. I'm almost six weeks now and have a burst of energy again but am still swollen and tender sometimes. We are still healing. At my check up two days ago I found out I have two stitches not yet disolved on my cuff. It's a long recovery. I've watched more than one mini series lol. I read outside in my lounge chair and have a tan now. Just keep reminding yourself to rest
Unread 05-24-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy911 View Post
It's been about a month since my surgery and I feel like my body is out of whack. My hip, shoulder and rib all hurt on one side. My incisions feel good but my lower abdomen still feels bruised. I get tired really easiliy, is that normal?
I'm 4 weeks post op and I'm still super sore. I have my days when I feel awesome and other days when I can't keep my eyes open. I was in bed today until 4 pm, sleeping on and off. Plus I was very fussy and crying. My sides are very sore and I'm a side sleeper normally so it hasn't been fun. I miss sleeping on my tummy too but that is not an option. Yesterday I was awake and walking for most of the day. Maybe that's why I crashed today.

Hang in there, this healing process isn't linear so be gentle with yourself. I went for a walk and made dinner for myself for the first time in 2 months. It really helped lift my spirits to be doing something I like. I also watched some comedy on Netflix to take my mind off things. Nothing too funny because laughing still hurts my stitches.

I hope that helps!
Unread 05-24-2016, 10:06 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site, so I'm still kind of making my way through, but this Thursday I'll be 7 weeks post op and I'm still having alot of pain, especially on my left side...wow, this seems like such a long process...I'm a side sleeper and I'm irritated because I still haven't gotten the most comfortable sleep that I know I can get,smh...if I lay too flat on my back, I have problems, side is just completely out of the question...some days I feel like I can get something accomplished but later that day I'm in pain...I call myself trying to vacuum my car today and I'm paying for it...I've had nerve pain in my stomach to where even if I touch my side, it feels like there's an open wound, so they prescribed a nerve pain pills which has in turn helped alot, if I take it with 800 ibuprofen...I have a question and not sure if anyone can answer, I know everyone heals differently, but I have no children, I had a uterine fibroid embolization in 2012 because I had multiple fibroids, largest being the size of a grapefruit, and my cycles were out of this world, clots, heavy bleeding, pain, pressure, u name it, I was miserable, but April 7th, 2016, I had a laproscopic hysterectomy, being that I had the procedure done in 2012 and this one now, is that the reason that I'm having so much pain and sensitivity. I've talked to several women who have had the hysterectomy and none have stated that they had nerve pain in their stomach, as a matter of fact, they weren't down as long as I have been and I'm going into week 7 of post op...does anyone have a clue why this could be? Thanks in advance!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register