Upcoming total Hysterectomy & BSO on Nov 1 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming total  Hysterectomy & BSO on Nov 1 Upcoming total Hysterectomy & BSO on Nov 1

Unread 10-25-2016, 10:35 AM
Upcoming total Hysterectomy & BSO on Nov 1

Surgery is scheduled for Nov 1st.
I'm having tubes, ovaries, uterus and cervix removed.

Big question: Will I feel anything during the surgery?
Or is it similar to a colonoscopy where you go to sleep and wake up and everything is over?

Second question: When the breathing tube was inserted were you awake?

Third question: How soon after leaving hospital were you able to leave your home? Ex: I have a college class I take 3 hrs 2x a month, will I still be able to attend?

I'm having surgery Tuesday the 1st, will I be able to attend my son's parade on 11/5?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2016, 10:46 AM
Re: Full Hysterectomy on Nov 1

I'll let the experts cover the rest but no, the breathing tube will NOT be inserted while you are awake. Your natural instinct is to fight it and that's not good for anyone. Don't worry about that one.
Unread 10-25-2016, 11:09 AM
Upcoming total Hysterectomy & BSO on Nov 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenDee68 View Post

Surgery is scheduled for Nov 1st.
I'm having tubes, ovaries, uterus and cervix removed.

Big question: Will I feel anything during the surgery?
Or is it similar to a colonoscopy where you go to sleep and wake up and everything is over?

Second question: When the breathing tube was inserted were you awake?

Third question: How soon after leaving hospital were you able to leave your home? Ex: I have a college class I take 3 hrs 2x a month, will I still be able to attend?

I'm having surgery Tuesday the 1st, will I be able to attend my son's parade on 11/5?

Thanks for your help!
If your surgery goes like mine...You will be given a medicine to put you to sleep upon entering the Operating Room. You will be completely out until you awaken in the Recovery Room. You will be groggy and they will ask you about your pain level. When you are awake and everything is good with your vital signs you will then be taken to your room. From there the nurses will take care of you. You will never see or remember anything about the breathing tube.
I went for a short ride in the vehicle about a week after coming home. It was too early. Ask your doctor questions at the pre op appointment about what you can do. In my opinion it would be 3 weeks minimum before doing anything and 5 -6 weeks before having to have a set schedule. It's more tiring than you may think to heal and healing is your main concern during this time. Good news is that after you are cleared by the doctor at the post op appointment, life will be without the pain that probably sent you to the doctor to begin with. It is the best decision I could have made!!
Good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2016, 11:13 AM
Re: Full Hysterectomy on Nov 1

Thanks. In my case if the fibrods are causing the pain,then yes, this surgery will help. If the obstruction and pain is caused by something else....only time will tell.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register