Scheduled TAH I have a date for Pre-Op and Surgery Time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have a date for Pre-Op and Surgery Time I have a date for Pre-Op and Surgery Time

Unread 05-16-2010, 02:57 PM
I have a date for Pre-Op and Surgery Time

My Pre-op is May 27 at 2:30 pm. I have blood work, EKG, and a chest x ray scheduled.

I have some bowel prep to do. I have to use one enema. I'm not looking forward to that at all. :-( I have to use a medicated douche the night before. But my DR didn't give me a time to start these but I will call and ask when the date get closer.

My surgery time is 7:30 am. I have to be at the castle at 5:30 am...EARLY!!! I was informed of what to wear to hospital and what to do & NOT do before surgery. I was informed that I don't have to pay anything for my surgery. I also was given appointments for staple removal and 4 week post-op check.

In my paperwork I did see an insurance precertification number. I'm hoping the insurance go through with no problems.

I'm starting to get a little MORE worried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Re: I have a date for Pre-Op and Surgery Time

Hang in there! You are just about there!
Unread 05-16-2010, 03:18 PM

Congratulations Butterfly!! Wow, they sure covered everything off with follow up appointments for you, didn't they! I only seemed to get one piece of information at a time. Do your very best to steer away from feeling nervous! Your job now is to stay as relaxed and happy as you can! (SO much easier said than done!). Try writing out all the things you are looking forward to, in a life free of symptoms! I found that I fell into abit of a trap of focussing (dare I say obsessing!) about the surgery date and then one day I remembered "oh ya, this is actually about what comes AFTER surgery, not surgery itself!".

As hope says...Hang in there!! And just keep on hanging in there, and before you know it you won't have to hang in there anymore!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2010, 07:38 PM

Fire,
Yes, I felt the same way with all the information at once. But at least I know when I will be going back to the doctor. The unknown is what I don't like.

Hope & Fire,
Thank you so much for the encouraging words!!
Unread 05-17-2010, 06:38 AM

Butterfly
I am so glad that you are able to plan. Your Dr seems very organized!
I don't like the unknown either and find it frustrating to get just bits and pieces when I want to look at the whole picture.
Hugs,
Suzanne
Unread 05-18-2010, 04:08 PM

Canadianlady,
I agree! It's so much easier on my mind that I know when I am going to see the doctor again. Knowing makes a difference!
Unread 05-18-2010, 04:13 PM

Knowing definately makes all the difference in the world. I'm glad you finally got your date for surgery and everything is all planned and organized. Good luck with everything....you're going to do just fine!
Unread 05-18-2010, 05:39 PM

Skeeter,
Thanks for the encouragement!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register