Scheduled LAVH Scared now as less than 2 weeks away (June 7th) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared now as less than 2 weeks away (June 7th) Scared now as less than 2 weeks away (June 7th)

Unread 05-29-2013, 08:19 AM
Scared now as less than 2 weeks away (June 7th)

Hello everyone
I am a 47 year old mum of 3 sons and my laparoscopic hysterectomy is June 7th and this site is great but I am still scared. I am having everything out as the routine biopsy they did during my hysteroscopy (to remove polyps)showed abnormal cells, my consultant said they are not cancerous ( yet! ) but as I was having heavy bleeding and have had my family it's a no brainier and I don't need it any more!
My husband and boys are great but don't understand how I feel. I am trying to be busy so I don't think about it but I am not sleeping well and having hot flushes all night. I worry about everything.X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2013, 09:43 AM
Re: Scared now as less than 2 weeks away

Welcome Lucy. Im a worrier as well. If there is nothing to worry about, I will find something. What you are experiencing is perfectly normal and fear of the unknown. I am 2 weeks post op today and I'm doing pretty good. Write down all your questions and fears and talk to your doctor before. I wish I had found this site before my surgery. There is so much info on here and seems to be so many wonderful women who have either been through it or will be going through it. Just try to relax as best you can.
Unread 05-29-2013, 10:10 AM

I am having mine next Thursday the 6th...I will be thinking about you and everyone here that is rallying around!!! I am freaking out too...hoping I don't turn into a total hormonal loon afterwards!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2013, 10:29 AM

Worrying and being scared is so normal. I don't know how I actually made it through the 3 weeks of knowing that I was having everything taken out with daVinci. I kept busy and tried not to think about it! I read all the info on this site, visited the pre-op forum a bunch, and took away a ton of really good tips about what to expect, what to bring, what to do.

One tip I have is to stay away from the post-op forum. That scared the heck out of me - needlessly. My surgery went well and I am now recovering well too.

Just know that this is major surgery and it is all normal to be very scared and nervous. Good luck and lots of hugs with a pillow in the middle!
Unread 05-29-2013, 01:09 PM

Mine is the same day! LAVH/RSO/cystoscopy. I, too, am a bit scared. Mainly about post-op pain. I have a friend who had the same docs (except mine assisted her doc and her doc will be assisting my doc) but at a different hospital. She said the nurses were vigilant about waking her up and getting her to pee immediately and then sent her home as soon as she did. She said she was still groggy and not fully awake yet. I had a really hard time with getting my pain under control with the d&c I had in September, and the laparoscopy I had in March, so that's why I'm so nervous. But I know we'll get through this! I do think the before and wondering is probably much worse than what will actually be. I've known my surgery date since April 16th, so I've had loads of time to both get used to the idea and also to freak myself out. lol

Deep breaths!! We'll get through this!
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:08 PM

Welcome Lucy
Being scared is normal and is all a part of the process that we all are going through or have been through . I'm 38 and had a LAVH @ the end of November. I now feel better than I ever felt before. Relax and remember to Pamper the
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:08 PM

I am scared also Ladies. Mine is June fourth, next week and as the days go on, I am more anxious
I hope you all have a speedy recovery!
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:21 PM

Thanks for all your comments and good luck to everyone, thanks for the tips especially the one about not reading the post op comments as I did do that and felt worse!
Lots of hugs and best wishes xx
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:48 PM

I had my LAVH one week ago today. I have not had much pain - and today was released from most restrictions (except anything over 20 pounds and of course nothing in the vagina).

While each one is different, there are a lot of us who do very well. I walk daily and am looking forward to returning to work soon.
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:08 PM

Hi Lucy! I am in week 6 of recovery and want to send you lots of positive and upbeat thoughts! I too was really scared because I had never had surgery. I read up on everything, that needed to be done so I could be aware and calm and used the three weeks (surgery had to be done asap) I had to do what made me feel more positive about everything. I cleaned my house, cleaned my car, shopped for food and treats to walk me through the recovery, and then got myself to think about the healing process. So, you need to know that people are thinking about you and wishing you the best. Stay focused on the healing and do things to keep you grounded. Best wishes always.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register