A Sister's One Week Post Op story for the Pre Op Sisters | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A Sister's One Week Post Op story for the Pre Op Sisters A Sister's One Week Post Op story for the Pre Op Sisters

Unread 10-11-2010, 11:50 AM
A Sister's One Week Post Op story for the Pre Op Sisters

My da vinci surgery was on October 1st. I had my uterus/cervix and right falopien tube removed. (Right ovary was taken 10 yrs ago). Surgery took about 2 hours and went well, no surprises. I was to go home on Saturday. The hospital gave me a chewable pill for the gas and a pill for stool softeners, twice a day. On Saturday morning, they took my catheter out and well, by the afternoon, it was put back in because I couldn't go on my own. The hard part was that in August I had a pulmonary embolism due to birth control and smoking. I have since quit both!!! Any way, I had to be put on blood thinners asap after surgery, which caused internal bleeding. This was found because I kept passing out when I got out of bed! I ended up staying in the hospital until Monday.

I have been home resting and all has gone pretty well. I found that lots of different pillows in the bed are helpful when trying to get comfy. One trick from the hospital was heating packs for the gas pains, very helpful.

I had my first BM on Monday once i got home. It was difficult, but so worth it!! lol I have had one everyday since and they have been normal.

Please do not overdo anything. I started crying for no reason on Thursday night, therefor, slept all day Friday so I wouldn't cry all day!!!! This is normal for most of us. Saturday I felt pretty good. Even tho I didn't do a lot, I was up and around a lot. Which put me back in bed on Sunday in pain. So, listen to your body and take it easy!!!

Ask for help, you would be surprised at how willing people are to help.

Good luck to all you Princess' in waiting. All will go well and you will feel better afterwards. Not right away, but once the pain from surgery goes away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Re: A Sister's One Week Post Op story for the Pre Op Sisters

Thanks for letting us hear a bit about your recovery.
Unread 10-11-2010, 12:28 PM

I am scared to death of the catheter! Did they tell you why you couldn't go on your own?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2010, 01:51 PM

Not being able to go on your own is normal after surgery. Some people have this issue and some don't. Honestly, I don't think I felt much when they took it out or put it back in. But, I can tell you that I felt so much better after they put it back in!!!! Don't be afraid of it, if you get backed up to much, you will feel sicki, like I did.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register