Tipped Uterus | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tipped Uterus Tipped Uterus

Unread 09-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Tipped Uterus

My uterius (soon to be removed on Friday) is "tipped backwards". Does this affect the way it's removed. Did any post-oppers have a "tipped" uterus, and was it mentioned on how the doctor proceeded?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Tipped Uterus

We must be twins....

I also had a tipped uterus, cysts, an enlarged uterus and a host of other issues! I had a successful LAVH/BSO and had a very uneventful recovery! My surgeon commented on it before the surgery (I had many docs comment on prior, however), and he seemed completely unconcerned. Everything went very well.

I wish you a very good recovery, too!
Unread 09-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Tipped Uterus

Hi! I, too, had a tipped uterus. My doctor knew before surgery and it didn't have any effect on the type of surgery I had. I had a very good surgery...no complications and an uneventful recovery.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that all goes well and you have a good recovery!

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Tipped Uterus

Count me in, too. It's called a retroverted uterus and it refers to the position it is in---tipped toward the back. About 15% of all women have a uterus in this position. Hope every thing goes well.

Cheers,
Gale
Unread 09-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Tipped Uterus

I had a tipped uterus...had a TVH June 28th....nothing different with the surgery. I do not think it would make much of a difference anyway in surgery. SCSusan
Unread 09-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Tipped Uterus

NWLady,
yes mine too was retroverted, I had Endo, Adeno, Fibroids....etc etc...my Doctor too said around 15% of women have it 'tipped backwards'.....he said it would make the surgery no more complicated, he also added some ladies even have them "tipped forward " tho most are in the 'standard vertical type position" I was fascinated to hear this....true too his word all went smoothly....

my surgery & recovery has been for the most part quiet uneventful.....

Try to relax...all should go well for you retroverted uterus & all.......

cheers Vegemite
Unread 09-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Tipped Uterus

I have a "tilted" uterus. I guess that is the same as a "tipped" uterus. My is tilted back and also enlarged to the size of a 11 week pregnant uterus. My doctor didn't seem concerned. Great question.......
Unread 09-21-2004, 11:20 PM
Tipped Uterus

Add me to the list... I have tilted or tipped uterus, has been all my life, it is now the size of 20 week pregnancy. But, Dr. has not indicated that it will be a problem in removal.

Good Luck.
Unread 09-21-2004, 11:51 PM
Tipped Uterus

WOW! You guys are great. I've been told since practically day one "Did you know your uterus is tipped." My mom's is also, and once she said a doctor offered to tip it forward, and that it was the worst pain ever. She told me "Don't EVER let any doctor offer to tip you forward - it's not worth it!" On top of that, after a few days, it tipped back again. When I was pregnant I was told it would most likely tip forward. It didn't. I thought maybe it explained my forever "pouch".

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register