LSH Horrible cramps : ( ... Is like I had my uterus back. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Horrible cramps : ( ... Is like I had my uterus back. Horrible cramps : ( ... Is like I had my uterus back.

Unread 10-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Horrible cramps : ( ... Is like I had my uterus back.

For days I been feeling down, low energy and mild pelvic pain now today I have horrible cramping ...aaaaaaaaghhh I know I can have still similar pain after a partial hysterectomy but I figure having no uterus it would
Minimize some of the pain I used to have before surgery and today am crampy like crazy. I am not bleeding .... Don't know what to take .... I took 600mg ibuprofen .... Sigh seems like my menstrual pains will never go away. =(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Re: Horrible cramps : ( ... Is like I had my uterus back.

I had my surgery 5 days after yours LVAH both ovaries gone. I get severe cramping if I do anything other than rest. Went to church for the first time today and had 8 bowel movements that were normal, now it's changed to diareaha (sp?). I have horrible cramping even when not having days like this. My 6 week post op appt was changed to this week. I've been in close contact w/ my Primary Doc and they told me not to worry about the bowel issues for a couple more months bc the severity of the endo. Been using the heatpad, but can't find much relief to the cramps. Fellow sisters, look forward to your responses.
PS - sorry wasn't of much help, but you aren't alone
Unread 10-02-2011, 06:08 PM

I would call your docs office tonight to tell them what is happening. You shouldn't suddenly be having this much pain. Especially if it is suddenly increasing and the pain meds aren't helping much. I hope that they can give you some good advice and help. Sending tons of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2011, 08:22 PM

All4him ty so much is nice to know i am not the only one getting this type of surgery and wish u the hope is ok for ur doctors visit, with ur cramps and bm. I will also put a follow up if things get worse and i go see my doctor. Zenya i will for sure call my doctor or go to the ER if things get worse. I am thinking i might be getting painful cramps like i always had with my period ... once that i just dont wanna do anything. But will see how tonight goes. thank u both for ur replies.

Btw all4him keep me posted on you visit from the doctors.
Unread 10-02-2011, 09:20 PM

I am a week out after a tvh and tonight i have been getting bad cramps in my upper stomach and i started spoting today have not spotted since the surgery at all except for my first day i just wonder if it is normal i am sending hugs to you hope it gets better
Unread 10-02-2011, 11:26 PM

My doctor stated ANY spotting if you haven't been to call...so if you haven't been spotting and have restarted, I would call! Also remember not to strain with you BMs that could rupture your vaginal cuff and abdominal repair as well!
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:38 AM

Good morning ladies. I am here sitting on 8 and half weeks and in with sever cramping. I was trying to knock some bills online but i will be going to the ER after this. I am scared and althought i dont want to go to the ER i cant hold on any longer my last percocet didnt do **** to my crampy pains .... i wanna cry..... prayers plz.
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:40 PM

I hope that they were able to help you. Sending tons of prayers and hugs for you.
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:07 PM

Hey ladies well today I went tithe ER cu doctor was in surgery .... Only to waist my time. They took urine samples but their system was done down and all though I had pain the doctor felt it was the bladder. She said it look like an uti ... Sent me home with percocet grrrrrrr I don't want percocets and cipro antibiotics .... Have to call my doctor tomorrow..... I am so stressed out that now my entire face is breaking out ... Pimples everywhere ... Y did hysterectomy become this difficult?.... Venting
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:33 PM

The exact thing happened to me. Went in to ER in severe pain in right pelvic area.
Doctor did a quick check of my abdomen and after viewing the urine and blood test decided I too had either a Bladder Infection or UTI.
So, left the hospital with an antibiotic and rest :s.
That was less than a week ago, and it seems better.
Maybe its possible that the pain was way more severe because of the invasive surgery and bruising of the organs.
Good luck girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lallyoop View Post
Hey ladies well today I went tithe ER cu doctor was in surgery .... Only to waist my time. They took urine samples but their system was done down and all though I had pain the doctor felt it was the bladder. She said it look like an uti ... Sent me home with percocet grrrrrrr I don't want percocets and cipro antibiotics .... Have to call my doctor tomorrow..... I am so stressed out that now my entire face is breaking out ... Pimples everywhere ... Y did hysterectomy become this difficult?.... Venting

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register