Scheduled dVH/RALH Fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue Fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue

Unread 05-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue

Anyone have problems with delayed recovery due to fibro or extended hospital stay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Re: Fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue

to HysterSisters!

I am so sorry you are dealing with this, as well as your upcoming hysterectomy. I do not have fibromyalgia, but have read of other women who have. Hopefully they will see this post and respond.

:hugs2u:
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:16 PM

I don't have fibro but I do have an autoimmune disease. My personal experience is I did have a longer and more painful recovery. And since my surgery I've been having considerable pain which is neuropathic in origin and therefore very difficult to treat.

The long and the short of it is that there are no guarantees with this surgery. I suggest you do your research and speak with your rheumatologist if you have one. Weigh the pros and cons and decide whether the possible complications are worth the risk.

Odds are good that you will have a good outcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2012, 10:10 PM

Hi there
I too have Fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue and im booked for my op a few days before you. I hope all goes well for both of us. My hyster is being preformed due to 3 separate prolapses and suspected endo. This alone causes alot of pain and terrible tiredness so I am hoping that I will feel alot better once this is fixed. Guess we will soon find out. One of my main concerns is that I also only have 20% and 80% function in my kidneys and they are full of stones. I do hope they behave themselves thru all this. All the best to you. Look forward to hearing how you do
Unread 05-09-2012, 01:28 AM

I can't speak to the fibromyalgia, and I have a lot of sympathy for those of you who have this added challenge. Post-op everyone is very tired a lot of the time. I had an uncomplicated recovery, and the first two weeks I had very little energy and tired quickly. I might have a little spurt of energy, but when my energy ran out, it plummeted almost instantly. The next two weeks I was able to do simple chores around the house, and could enjoy reading a book for while. But I usually lay down for a good nap or at least a horizontal rest every afternoon.

I would recommend you plan on being able to do little more than getting yourself to and from the bathroom, dress yourself in clean sweats or pj's, getting back and forth between your bed and a comfortable chair,and maybe serving yourself a simple meal. Make sure you have support at home, with someone to fix you meals or snacks. Try to have regular meals, even though you might have a diminished appetite at first, and try to have a nutritious, high-protein snack between meals as this will help you keep your energy up. Also, you will need extra protein for healing. You might have enough energy to open a can of soup, but not to stand at the stove doing anything more complicated. So if you plan accordingly, and don't expect too much of yourselves during recovery, you will probably do fine.
Unread 05-09-2012, 03:39 AM

I do but my hospital stays are normaly extended beyond chronic fatuige syndrome extended stay due to the heart deffects and spina biffida

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register