Stitches... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Stitches...

I'm so thankful for all the information and feedback from all you sisters, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

I'm scheduled Nov 2nd for a TVH/BSO. I haven't had my pre-op visit with my Dr yet, it's not for another two weeks. My DD asked me something tonight that I honestly had no answer. She asked how on earth can your Dr. remove everything vaginally. The more I thought about it the more I wondered. I don't know -seriously I have had two vaginal births 22 and 20 years ago. But seriously now he can cut, remove everything and stitch me internally. It's not like there really is a whole lot a visable access. I can see this maybe if there is lasers and scopes. Just wondering a new question. Any ideas?

I want to thannk all of you again, your all in my prayers, Thanks JO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2004, 08:14 PM
Stitches...

Good question! I was wondering the same thing - I am having a TVH on Nov 3. (1 day after you). My pre-op is tomorrow and I plan on asking the doc. that very question. If you dont get an answer from any of the other sisters, I will let you know tomorrow night when I have more info.
Unread 10-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Stitches...

the vagina is opened with a weighted speculum and the uterus is pulled down into/outside of the vagina. this gives the dr ample room to severa the uterine ligaments. once the uterus is excised the dr has a clear view to the ovaries (if they werent removed in one piece along with the uterus)...once everything is removed the dr then reattaches the ligaments/tendons/etc, then closes the vagina where the cervix used to be..of course this is not in medical jargon however i hope you get the picture...;-)
speaking of pictures, you can view actual gyn surgical pictures, including a tvh/bso procedure, at pelvicfloor.com (graphic).
stay well
diana

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register