new here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-19-2006, 07:54 PM
new here

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new here and having a hysterectomy on July 5th because my dr suspects adenomyosis as she didn't find any endometriosis when she did the laparoscopy. I will keep my ovaries because I'm too young in here opinion to remove them. she said that if i were 10 years older she would consider it. Is it weird that I'm looking forward to it? I have 3 healthy girls and we don't plan on having any more children so this is a good time for me. My oldest child is 10 soon to be 11 and the middle is 7 and the youngest is 5. My husband has been very supportive of my choice to have the surgery even though he just had a vasectomy in March. Thank you for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2006, 08:52 PM
new here

Hi there I don't think that it is weird to look forward to having your hysterectomy. My date is June 8th and I am eagerly counting down the days as well. I also have three children. (Son-21, Daughter-9, and Son-6) Husband had vasectomy 6 years ago and I had my tubes tied about two years ago. So we knew we were done having kids a while ago. I also my have adenomyosis and am sooo tired of the painful periods, not to mention the cramping between. Welcome to the sisterhood, it's a great place to share your fears and just talk to women going through the same thing your are.
Dawn
Unread 05-20-2006, 04:18 AM
new here

Hi and welcome!

Your attitude is not weird at all.
On the contrary, being optimist and
positive will help you a lot

Marili
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2006, 05:21 AM
new here

jj's and dawn......the best advise I can give you both right now.... is to just be aware that "the Waiting is the Hardest Part". Best of luck to both of you on your upcoming surgeries. And welcome to Hystersisters jj's. You're going to be glad that you found this forum.

Unread 05-20-2006, 07:19 AM
new here

just wanted to say Hi jj and you and I have the same surgery date!! I am like a crazy woman waiting...I'm a high school teacher and thought it might be wise to finish the school year. I'm having the surgery b/c of very large fibroids. let's support each other till the waiting game is over!

Love, Karen in NYC
Unread 05-20-2006, 11:10 AM
new here

Hey JJ and welcome.

I wanted to chime in. I am 31 and my surgery is scheduled for June 20. Taking everything but the right ovary (my doc said same thing yours did). I, too, have a husband who had a vasectomy after our DD and DS were born (c section of course on both). I am looking foward to mine (unless the little voice in the back of my head starts talking too much). I go back and forth. But I will tell you, the positve attitude makes everything easier. From all of the wonderful women on this site I have heard that the difference will be amazing (no PAIN). It is a major surgery, so get all of the info you can and don't take it lightly. But, I'm right there with you sister....BRING ON THE CASTLE!!
Unread 05-20-2006, 04:03 PM
new here

i agree with hanks. i'm new to the sisters also. friday was 6 weeks for me and i feel great. i too looked forward to the date, and it did seem like it took forever. good luck, and be thankful for your children and husband, you will be fine. keep in touch
Unread 05-26-2006, 04:31 PM
new here

Thank you all for your support! I've discovered that my date has been moved up to accomodate my dh's work schedule. Summers are tough for him to take time off so the earlier the better, but i have to wait until the school year is over. so June 21st is my new date! I'm really looking forward to it. although my grandmother's 75th b'day party is the Sunday after my surgery so it'll be tough to get there for that..maybe I can just pop in for a little visit especially since I'm the one who planned the party. Oh well if I don't make it they'll understand!
Unread 05-27-2006, 09:22 AM
new here

lucky you your date is moved up...mine can't be because my daughter's sweet sixteen party is June 30th and right after that is the long holiday weekend...so I guess I am stuck with July 5th but hey I WILL TAKE IT. You'll just have to let me know all the details so I will be ready!!
Unread 05-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Me Too

I am having my TVH the same day!! Ready and Waiting!! Good luck to you, and yes the waiting is killing me!! Ready to get this behind me and LIVE again!! Pain free and of course PEROID FREE!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register