What do You do to Avoid Loneliness? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What do You do to Avoid Loneliness? What do You do to Avoid Loneliness?

Unread 11-03-2011, 01:58 PM
What do You do to Avoid Loneliness?

Wow! What a day. And here I thought I had things under control & then end up in tears due to loneliness.

I was SO looking forward to having 2 different visits from friends. One was going to have coffee in the am with me another was going to show me how to knit this afternoon - both cancelled. Neither have any idea what it takes to get ready for a visit (naps, shower & tidy up is exhausting).

The house is nearly silent and I am such an extrovert by nature, I end up feeling like 'no likes me' or no one has the time for me. What do you do to keep yourself occupied while watching the world go by?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Re: What do You do to Avoid Loneliness?

You lean on your sisters here. I went through the same thing right after my surgery...a few people canceled on me after I had made the effort to get ready. Sometimes I just took a nap, but most of the time, I got on here to see what my other sisters were up to.

I know it isn't the same as having human interaction, but it does pass the time. Hopefully your friends rescheduled and they will make good on their plans.

Hugs to you!
Unread 11-03-2011, 03:29 PM

I'm at the same stage as you Janine. i had mine on the 19th. Have been staying with my mother but I still feel lonely. I have my son over on the weekends and my mother has just agreed to let me have my dog come stay. I know she (the dog) will be a huge boost for my lonely spirits.

I come on here, I go to chatrooms and gab with friends. I spend way to much time on facebook gabbing to friends. I'm bored out of my mind and sick of reading, tired of playing the same games and netflix has nothing good i want to watch. Yeah this sucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 04:57 PM

Skylady we really are living paralell lives! I too have stalked Facebook to a point of boredom, I have exhausted Netflix AND I am living @ my moms for recovery (bless them for the support!)

I have called this site my 'Life Line' - in fact, that is why I came on here today - it stopped the tears (for now)- YEAH!
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:59 PM

We're all different in what we do, I actually was never bored while recovering from the op - spend recovery either working on client sites or just puttering around the house doing odds and ends of things.

What got me was that all those I once called friend, never called once or worse yet defriended me on twitter and facebook while I was away - that really hurt as many had said that they'd be there for me yet to this day 3+ years later I've heard neither hide nor hair from 99% of them and it annoys me that I ever called them friends.

I would take the alone time as a sign to just relax and allow your body to heal at its own pace - better to not push things till its good and ready to do so (less other wise needed to do so).
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:15 PM

Do you have a 2 story home while your mom has a one story? lol that is the reason behind my staying at my mothers. Am very miffed at my Dr. I was hoping at my 2 week check up that he would say suuuure you can go home. Just take it easy. Nope! I got told i should remain at my mothers for at least 3-4 more weeks. F***ing stairs!

If it helps its day 15 for me. I felt so much better physically today. It didn't hurt to walk at least not until around 9 p.m. I went on a car ride to the gas station and that was only slightly uncomfortable with the bumps. I still have no energy but i can deal with no energy as long as there is no pain.

I am very angry at netflix. They don't put the majority of the new releases on the online site. They don't even have the Twilight Saga Series!

Tomorrow is the weekend and my pride and joy will be coming over. Also my 60 lb. puppy will be coming. Both will keep me company and as long as Sable (dog) doesn't ruin anything or upset my mom to badly she will get to stay with me instead of going home on sunday. My mom has a shih tzu named Freddy who has spent many winters with my Sable while my mom is down south being a snow bird. Everything should go fine and it will be wonderful having my breathing blanket back!

Hang in there girly
Unread 11-04-2011, 07:06 AM

I have had that thought too Nyxks - amazing how many people who said 'call me for anything' are not around. Ihave used this time as a good time to reflect on times when my busy life has treated my own friends similarly. I have a new found respect for those with mobility issues! Some days I just feel trapped but for a good cause - recovery.

For anyone who does have Netflix, my friend suggested watching Jerico. I typically don't watch a lot of TV so this was a new discovery (TV series on Netflix). I watched the Jerico episodes until 3:30am! LOL well, I guess I found something to do @ night when all others are sleeping & reruns are too much to handle lol.

Skylady - have fun with Sable. Good timing for her to come to you now; you are more more mobile and able to handle her.

Thank you girls! This site helps so much!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register