TVH I'm bleeding a little more than when I came home | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm bleeding a little more than when I came home I'm bleeding a little more than when I came home

Unread 11-04-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm bleeding a little more than when I came home

October 27, 2011 – I had surgery (TVH). Had on a pad at the hospital and the blood got less and less.
October 27, 2011 – Came home and didn’t have to wear a pad.
November 2, 2011 – Had to put on a pad. I started bleeding a little more. Not much, but enough to mess up a pad a little. Maybe it was because of straining gas pains. Not sure.
November 3, 2011 – I’m still bleeding a little. There was some dripping in the toilet a little when using the bathroom. Not bad though. There was about the same as yesterday. Not as much tenderness when peeing like yesterday. No pain meds today.
November 4, 2011 – Last night before bed, my back on the right left side started hurting and I took 2 Tylenol. That helped and I went to sleep. This morning I woke up with pain like cramps. I used the bathroom and there was more blood on my pad. Not a lot, but more than usual. I took 2 more Tylenol. I was going to call the dr. today. But decided to try to get onto this site again and post this. I have had the hardest time getting on here and I really need ya'll now. Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Re: I'm bleeding a little more than when I came home

Bleeding on and off for the first six weeks following surgery is pretty normal. I'd go days with none and then bleed for a day or so and back to nothing. I was informed when I called that is all part of the process and as long as I didn't have severe cramping, fever, bleeding thru a pad an hour not to be concerned. I noticed I would spot when I over did it too. Too many trips up and down the stairs, too much walking, to much just getting up and down throughout the day in general. Since you are so early in your recovery I wouldn't be concerned unless any of the things I mentioned previously become an issue. Rest is so very important so make sure to get plenty and don't overdo.

Good luck

Tracy
Unread 11-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Re: I'm bleeding a little more than when I came home

Thank you so much Tracy. And I think, as I just read, since I wasn't cut on the outside,,,,,,,,Thank God,,,,,,,,I don't realize how much I really need to rest.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register