7 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy, pain around navel, confirmed hernia | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy, pain around navel, confirmed hernia 7 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy, pain around navel, confirmed hernia

Unread 11-13-2016, 07:11 PM
7 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy, pain around navel, confirmed hernia

Hi sisters!! Tomorrow makes 7 weeks post TAH LSO with endo found inside of my ovary after pathology. I was back at the dr at 2 & 4 weeks post op due to pain and a cat scan at both appointments. At 2 weeks my dr said the only thing found on the scan was a hernia behind my navel but didn't elaborate as I was not having pain there. Now I've started having pain, almost like a deep bruised feeling about in about a 2 inch circle around/under my navel that is MUCH worse if I touch it. I have no idea if this is what a hernia would feel like, so I'm hesitant to call my dr.
Have any of you ladies had this happen or have any guesses as to what this could be?
(I did have laparoscopic RSO 6 months ago, laparoscopic adhesion removal 16 months ago, laparoscopic gallbladder removal 28 months ago and laparoscopic tubal 5 years ago all using an incision just under my navel)
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2016, 11:49 AM
Re: 7 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy, pain around navel, confirmed hernia

The way you describe your pain is what I had between two of my laparo incisions, but I did not have a hernia - doc hit it during both post-op internals and did not feel anything to confirm it. 2" spot, deep bruise, numb skin, hurt when I leaned against a counter or carried something against that spot. The fact that it took way longer to start going than a bruise led me to believe it was nerve damage from the surgery. Somewhere around 4 months I noticed that I could lean up against counters again, but still didn't like things like my camera on its strap or my phone in its pouch bouncing against the spot. It's getting better, ever so slowly.

Thing is, I had my spot from the beginning, not weeks after surgery. If you've been diagnosed with a hernia, I'd run this all by your doctor. You don't gain much by putting it off.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register