feeling pain tonight, is this normal it scares me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling pain tonight, is this normal it scares me feeling pain tonight, is this normal it scares me

Unread 12-25-2005, 05:17 PM
feeling pain tonight, is this normal it scares me

My pain has been ok and tonight my stomach is like cramping up 11 days post op..Does pain come and go.....days go by and then all of a sudden not feeling well.? I want to cry, i just never know whats going on and whats normal. Can I keep calling friends when I feel like this? Can I demand my two boys get the mess in the house cleaned up and the garbage out. Feel pretty lost and scared right now. Patty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2005, 05:35 PM

I too was feeling this way earlier! Left my dads house (next door to me) in pain, needing to lay down. I was cramping so bad I wanted to lay there and cry. I finally feel asleep only to be awoken by a sharp stabbing pain. I wasnt sure what it was so I decided to take some GasX and some Motrin. I am not sure which it was that helped but I have a feeling it was the GasX (motrin never helps). I have since passed gas and feel so much better....I mean I feel ALOT better!
I hope this is all your problem and it is resolved soon. Rest and take it easy, the kids can help clean up! Remember we are still recovering princess'! I am 19 days post op and have to remind myself we are still recovering!!!!
Unread 12-25-2005, 05:41 PM

Thanks so much my wonderful new friends!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2005, 05:43 PM

Hi padamle,
I'm sorry you're hurting tonight. Yes, the pain can come and go. You aren't even two weeks post op and it wouldn't be a surprise that you hurt if you have been up and doing a lot today. Is there anything you can link to the pain as a cause?
If you have been doing more try getting off your feet and try something warm on my tummy. I liked to use a warmed rice bag. Please know that you are very early post op still. You shouldn't be doing much of anything. Your family should be doing the work and you shouldn't feel one bit guilty about it. If one of your boys had just had surgery, you would be taking care of them I'm sure. They can learn to give back. It's a good thing all the way around.
You need to rest so your body can use the energy to heal. You also run the risk of hurting healing tissue if you try to do regular housework-no lifting, bending, stretching.
I hope with some rest tonight you will feel better by morning. If you don't, give your dr a call and find out what's going on.
's, Rita
Unread 12-25-2005, 06:48 PM

If the pain is related to cramping in the ab dept, it's probably due to gas and/or constipation. Can be very painful indeed! I had gas bad enough post-op that when I was out in public, it brought me to my knees! OUCH!!!

Set backs are very common. There will be days you'll be feeling better than you have in days, months, or even years and then BAM! You're back to bed rest again and literally unable to move. A good sign you over did your day somewhere along the line. Be sure to follow your post-op "rules" your doc and/or nurse gave you! Healing is a long, drawn out process, but well worth the effort you'll put in for it.

By all means, YES - tell your sons to clean up as best they can. That means better than their personal standards, but less than your own. LOL And by all means, they can put out the trash at the curb. Never too young to learn that one and their future wives will thank you for it!
Unread 12-25-2005, 07:20 PM

I'm doing this also, comes and goes, has been much worse the last 2 or 3 days then back when I first came home last Sunday...I'm convinced mine is gas pain, it hurts so bad and is releived w/ gas ex and walking..but why so bad several days after surgery? I'm eating a good variety of foods, including dried prunes and lots of water, and I am not constipated...maybe it's just part of this surgery!!?? Are my lower intestines bruised?
Unread 12-25-2005, 08:41 PM

My insides became and better and worse and better, etc. I would go for a week, just fine, then the next I would have a lot of pain. Start of week three was toughest for me; don't know why. I think I started feeling better and eating a variety of things-all of which my insides decided were alien. I got the feeling that swelling was subsiding and my intestines were finding their new placement somewhere down there. Peppermint and Chamomile teas helped/help me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register