Did you get a second opinion? - Page 139 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
View Poll Results: Did you get a second opinion from another surgeon before scheduling your hysterectomy
Yes, I got a second opinion and it helped give me additional options 1,187 20.11%
Yes, I got a second opinion but it didn't really matter in the long run 1,348 22.84%
No, I didn't get a second opinion 3,087 52.30%
I didn't have time to get a second opinion. My hysterectomy was an emergency 280 4.74%
Voters: 5902. You may not vote on this poll

Did you get a second opinion? Did you get a second opinion?

Unread 08-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Re: Did you get a second opinion?

I did not get a second opinion. My regular gyn told me what I had and referred me to a great gyn oncologist. She did a conization to confirm the diagnosis and see if it had spread. After some varying information and sending sample to another state, it was confirmed that it was the same thing and my hysterectomy was scheduled from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2016, 09:26 PM
Did you get a second opinion?

No. I trusted my doctors wisdom and years of experience. She is/was excellent!!! Also, I was VERY ready for this!!!
Unread 08-07-2016, 11:16 AM

We discovered after hysterscopy and D&C and ultrasound that I had cysts on my right ovary, both felopian tubes, adenomyosis, complex hyperplasia and fibroids. My Dr had 2 different pathologists review the results with both recommending complete hysterectomy. I feel like my Dr was as thorough as possible - I ended up with TAH - Dr attempted vaginal laparoscopy but said it was proving more difficult than he thought so had to revert to abdominal removal. I feel comfortable with our descision and look forward to getting this next month behind me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2016, 06:38 AM

No was busy dying had no choice for anyone to ask if i wanted a hysterectomy just had to
Unread 08-26-2016, 05:52 AM

No I didn't I have used my ob/gyn since 1997 I trusted him
Unread 09-06-2016, 07:13 PM

Over the years I got many opinions. Finally got an ablation in 2011. The doctor said it wouldn't hurt. She lied. But I continued to see her since she did it. When the sympotoms came back. She said hysterectomy. I immediately went and found a more seasoned doctor. Who had excellent reviews. And yes my other doctor had missed some things. Like the fact that my uterus was 3 times the normal size. So glad I got a second opinion. And a new surgeon. Who was vet upfront and honest. Also didn't mind my list of questions I had. And yes seriously I wrote a list.
Unread 09-13-2016, 07:39 PM

Yes I got a second opinion first doc was holding off surgery for about a year until I told her this thing is killing me n I bled for about a month nonstop second doc examined me n said yeah we need t get this out (didn't help that I bled all over his table n floor) and because of cancer family history we taking everything out oh joy I thought now I'm like I traded one problem for another
Unread 09-13-2016, 08:20 PM

I didn't get a second opinion. As a matter of fact my first appointment with my doctor was June 3rd. By July 22nd I was having my hysterectomy. I can't explain it. I felt a connection with her and trusted her completely. I have said to many people, I had no idea how bad I felt until now that I feel so very good! She was so honest and open that it was easy to say I trust you, let's do this. I don't regret a single minute of the 4 months I've spent with my doctor.
Unread 09-17-2016, 09:00 PM

I got a 2nd opinion. My 1st opinion said I didn't have a prolapsed uterus 2nd one confirmed what I already knew. With discussion we decided this was the best option as I had cysts and endometriosis. My mom had cancer so he felt I was about to head down that road.
Unread 09-18-2016, 11:23 AM

I'm 35 and have fibroids and have heavy period, I'm currently on warfarin for dvt and had gone on vacation and bleed for 8 days now I'm anemic. Cardiologists said if you don't want to have kids you might want to get a hysterectomy. Went to my Ob who wanted to treat me like a Guinea pig let's try this this and this. I'm not allowed to use hormonal birth control due to getting blood clots from depo provera. That was her first option let put you on a hormonal birth control. Was not happy with her answer. Went to get a second opinion and he's gonna do it. He did my coworkers hysterectomy.

:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register