Support & Hugs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Support & Hugs Support & Hugs

Unread 03-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Support & Hugs

I put off having it for years. Almost too long tissue was starting to change. But I was afraid of this surgery for some reason. It just terrified me. I had so many concerns about how it would change me afterwards. Anyway, after the last D&C and biopsy and I was told that I had to have it now. I remember lieing in bed crying. I felt like I was losing my woman hood. Even though I lost part of a breast to cancer, there really scared me more.

I didn't know of this site before hand and I wish I had. The member here are wonderful as well as the information.

So I am in bed crying when my husband comes in. I tell him why.
He says thank goodness you have needed one for years. I started telling him all my fears. He said we'll deal with aspect IF it happens.

I honestly said to him - that is easy for you to say - what if you had to have your prostate and a testicle removed - than what would you think.

I think we would make it through it just fine.

Right before surgery I heard from all my friends - seems I am the last to have one - good stories and of course those horror stories.

Today I am 3 weeks post op and so glad I went through with it. It really wasn't as bad of a surgery as I thought. And as far as my other concerns, well I'll deal with them if they happen.

you take special care of yourself and build up your spirit
let us know the date and we'll thinking of you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2005, 07:20 PM
glad you are feeling better about it

I am very glad you are on the recovery side of your surgery. I think we have to be prepared by knowing all the risks and complications-but it can be pretty scary too, especially if you need the surgery.

It's great that you can be a support to others getting ready for the surgery too-everyone can use that!

Remember to keep up the pampering a little while longer. Sometimes week 3 and 4 can be hard-I have seen others say that they felt worse then than when they got home. Maybe the nerves start healing back together, maybe the numbness and shock from surgery starts to wear off.

But not everyone has that happen at week 3 and 4, so we'll hope you are one of the fortunate ones!

s
Unread 03-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Support & Hugs

Prarielakelady,

It's funny you say that about week 3 and 4. I feel worse at week two then when i came home. I just want no more pain. I also want to be outside doing things. Things like this bother me. But the pain is worse right now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register