LAVH 4 weeks; losing patience | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks; losing patience 4 weeks; losing patience

Unread 06-08-2011, 12:03 PM
4 weeks; losing patience

anyone else losing patience with the healing process?

I guess I wasn't realistic about the healing process; yesterday was 4 weeks post-op.

Today I wake up, hit with the worst nausea, headache, can't keep anything in..is this a new post-surgery symptom or do I have the flu? ugh..

I'm exhausted because I can't sleep and crying because depression keeps coming and whacking me upside the head.

I just want it to all go away..

I'm not a very patient "patient", I guess...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Re: 4 weeks; losing patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanie68 View Post

I guess I wasn't realistic about the healing process; yesterday was 4 weeks post-op.

Today I wake up, hit with the worst nausea, headache, can't keep anything in..is this a new post-surgery symptom or do I have the flu? ugh..

I'm exhausted because I can't sleep and crying because depression keeps coming and whacking me upside the head.

(((Wanda)))
I am sorry thAt this is happening. The only thing for me is that I get depressed and or scared cause the healing with a hysterectomyis so unpredictale compared with other health and surgeries. I.e. Broken bone

I am taking 3 grams of pure fish oil and probiotic via my gp's order and it lifted my depression. i have taken fish oil for quite sometime. I started bleeding after my internal and that has me upset cause I never bled after the surgery.

are you doing too much, maybe? I have had som low cramping but again just telling myself this is all about the healing process. I am not patient person at all. Chin up!

Jennxxoo
Unread 06-08-2011, 12:36 PM

thanks Jenn..it probably is a little bit of doing too much and not sleeping; my body telling me to slow down..but I'm not listening very well. ;p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2011, 04:55 PM

I am sure you have heard this plenty of times on here but I really want to stress the importance of taking it slow and resting as much as possible even at 4 weeks. It is so important to the healing process. I learned this lesson the hard way and at 11 months I still am not up and doing like I had wanted to be. granted I have some complications from my surgery that I will most likely have to live with but I did some really stupid things early in my recovery that has not helped the situation either. So PLEASE rest and take care of yourself and heal right the first time and don't be like me.
Gloria
Unread 06-08-2011, 05:09 PM

Gloria,
What did you do that stopped your healing? if you share with us what you did then maybe I can take the advice so I dont do the same things. I am goi to really rest for six weeks. when can we go back to oyr normal routine?

Thanks,
Jenn
Unread 06-08-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanie68 View Post

Hey Deanie - Sorry you're not feeling well. I don't know - but those symptoms don't sound like part of the surgery recovery to me - maybe you're coming down with something. I would probably call my doc if in your situation. Hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register