Had ablation now having problems - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had ablation now having problems Had ablation now having problems

Unread 10-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Had ablation now having problems

Hey ladies,

Here to join you with the weird ablation stories. I think ablation is supposed to scar over your cervix at least that is what I have heard. The problem is when we have other problems like adenomyosis and fibroids the blood cannot escape when it does scar over so we have other weird problems. I had bowel and bladder problems since my Novasure in Feb this year. Bowel movements were flat and weird looking and bladder never fully emptied. Had my first normal bowel movement since ablation now days after my LSH. While I was diagnosed with adenomyosis pre-ablation, so far my doctor has found gobs of fibroids post ablation which weren't found pre-ablation. Very happy to have had the LSH, kept ovaries and cervix. Haven't bled a drop since they didn't take my cervix and didn't mess with my vagina. Feels so great. Feel like I've gotten this 20 pound weight off of me. I felt horrible post ablation and couldn't really describe it to the docs. Also went through a round of docs and one finally said you are probably bleeding internally. Will let you all know when I get my results. So far gobs of fibroids for sure.

Good luck and dont' wait too soon. To me I just couldn't wait to get it out even though I wasn't bleeding I felt terrible and for good reason.

Tara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2006, 06:46 AM

Hi, I also am new to the board. Had an ablation in August, had 2 days during September without period or spotting even after taking 14 days of a progestrin. Now am scheduled for a Total Laproscopic Hysterectomy on the 28th of Oct while taking a stronger progestrin med until then. My question is has anyone had a TLH? From what I understand it is fairly new (especially in my area). Recovery is said to be 2 - 3 weeks to resume normal activity with the average from my doctor's other patients ranging from 1-6 weeks. Would be foolish to say I am not concerned. I am 53 and am not memopausal. Hopefully my ovaries will both be in good enough condition that they won't need to be removed. If anyone has had TLH, would like to hear your experience.
Unread 10-08-2006, 11:37 AM

Stampinscraper,

I think the main thing is your ovaries. If you plan to leave those in, recovery shouldn't be too overwhelming. The ovaries are so important that if they can even leave one that would be better than having to take both.
For me, I just had the LSH on Tuesday Oct. 3rd and feel fantastic. I didn't think it was possible to feel fantastic after a hyst, but I do. I feel young again and even though I get tired a lot, I feel so much better than before. Hang in there the waiting is the worst part. The kind of surgery you are having is a very quick recovery and I think will make a huge difference in the way you feel about it post-op.

Take care,

Tara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2006, 01:42 PM

I had a failed hydrothermal ablation in July, and am scheduled for an LSH on the 18th. Since the ablation, I've had the worst cramps of my life, and they happen throughout the month, not just before I start. The bleeding is no better, and when you add the near-constant pain, I actually feel worse than I did before the ablation. I can't wait for the 18th!
Unread 10-08-2006, 07:29 PM

I was wondering if all of the problems I'm now having where in my head or if was because of my uterine surgeries (c/s, ablation, etc)

I had an ablation almost 5 months ago. 2 months ago, I started getting bloated, feeling like I was PMS'ing all the time. Then shortly after, I would start spotting here and there. Bloating/cramps were awful.
This past week, I had lots of cramping/heavy bleeding/etc. More pains that I was ever use to.

The ablation was an option given to me, so was a hysterectomy.

I'm 36 yrs old. I have 3 children (9,6, and 2). Actually, my youngest will be 3 next month. I had a uterine rupture during pregnancy with her. Reason for my uterine problems.

It was a couple of days ago, I told my husband I wanted a hysterectomy. Reading this thread ... ya'll (I'm from TX. lol) know what I'm talking about!!!!!!!

I never thought about the ablation causing the problems I'm experiencing. Thank you all!!!! I'm going to call my dr, the first thing in the morning.
I am so tired of the pains/bleeding.

I look forward to searching this forum. Thank you all for your stories!!!!!

Cat
Unread 10-08-2006, 07:51 PM

I had an ablation 2 years ago, Loved it, worked great but then my pain and heavy periods came back. I had a large cyst that needed removed and endo, so we opted for the hyster

good luck to you!
Unread 10-08-2006, 09:18 PM

I know I have said this before, but for any newbies.........Don't think that menopause is a cure for your "female problems". It just gets worse as time goes by. Until you get it removed, the problems stay with you. I had heavy bleeding,cramps,fibroids, failed ablation, blah blah blah. My male Dr said everything will stop after menopause........the problem is there is no menapause. I waited till I was 57. My new female Dr said noone has a "period" at that age. So don't think by waiting problems will dissapear, they don't. I have been on this website for months and I would say it is almost unamous that a hyst is needed and ablation doesn't work........This is only my personal opinion. I know I had to think it thru in my mind for a while before it sank in that I had to have surgery.
Unread 10-09-2006, 05:05 AM

Cat,
It feels good to come here and see that we're not crazy. Let us know what the doctor says.
I'm counting down the days until I go for the 4th opinion. The only reason I'm going for a 4th is because I'm wanting to find a doctor I feel totally comfortable with. I'm scared, but I want to get it done ASAP. I wonder how long it will take to get scheduled??
Unread 10-09-2006, 04:49 PM

Hipchick,
What you said is so true about menopause not ending things. I called my sister prior to my hyst. She was the only female relative who has not had a hyst and went through menopause already at 46. Two years later she still feels the weight of her fibroid, still has near daily cramping from either her endo or adeno and still bleeds spontaneously on occasion. She said so keep it if you can. Actually that sealed the deal for me. No way was I going to continue on like it had been and then go through menopause only to have it continue on some more. What a nightmare.
Cathy it's great you are looking for your 4th doctor. That is what I did as well and it was well worth the search. Love my docs bedside manner and his excellent surgeon skills.
Best to all you ladies,

Tara
Unread 10-10-2006, 09:07 AM

I too had problems post ablation. I have had pain,no bleeding outwardly but was having bleeding ovarian cysts. i also weighted only 159 pre ablation and weight 3 years later 189. i became post memopauseal. i also have had bladder issues as well. sept 18 I had total hyst,bso, bladder sling, with anterior repair of bladder wall. I do not regret taking it all. I will however have a pharmacist do natural bio identical hormones. i have lost 12 pounds since surgery and feel better. the doctor said i had a very scared uterus, adenomyosis, was missing my left ovary ( this is another issue) right ovary covered in endometrosis. hope this helps. I truely believe that if i would of had a pharmacist adjust my hormones prior to ablation I may have avoided everything. before ablation I never had endo,adeno, or cysts. ever.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register