Vaginal irritation 2008 - Benadryl? - UPDATED 2021 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal irritation 2008 - Benadryl? - UPDATED 2021 Vaginal irritation 2008 - Benadryl? - UPDATED 2021

Unread 06-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Re: Vaginal irritation - Benadryl?

Most drs. keep telling that since I have 1 ovary left that it should be no problem because 1 can do the work of 2. I will try the estrace after I go for my annual ina couple of weeks. But the vitamin E is helping for now. I just have to use it after every shower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2014, 10:45 PM

Interesting that your doctor suggested Benedryl for this issue --- I found out on my own that Benedryl helps lessen night hot flashes for me. My doctors are happy for me since I'm not taking HRT, and this seems to help without side-effects. Drs say it is safe to use, so I'm using it.
Unread 01-29-2014, 09:34 AM

I am 22 days post op and have had vaginal burning since day 3. I called my doctor yesterday and he wants me to try clobetasol ointment 3 times a day instead of vaginal estrogen cream.. I just started on estradiol 1mg (oral) five days ago. i am taking note of what you ladies are using so I can discuss it with him at my 6 week visit, if this problem continues. (I suspect that hormones are somehow to blame since I had both ovaries removed)

Have a good day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2014, 01:00 PM

Hi, Ladies!

I've been using the Medrol dose pack and Benadryl for an allergic reaction to seafood and noticed on the second day that I had an itch just above my pubic bone/area. Now I have a full blown bladder infection with blood in my urine and back ache and was reading that the benadryl AND Medrol can cause urine and fluid retention. Apparently some doctors are not as informed as they should be on certain drug reactions, because when I mentioned to her what I had been taking she said that it had nothing to do with the meds I am taking. I always check the paperwork that comes with my medications to be sure that I am taking them correctly and what are the side effects I should be aware of. Lots of luck and good health to all!
Unread 03-24-2014, 12:19 PM

I am having itching, too, and assumed it was a yeast infection or something. I still have both my ovaries, so I don't think it would be hormone related. What I'm wondering is how much is caused by wearing a poise or regular panty liner every day? I did notice I felt dry inside before the itching started, though, so I'm at a loss. I'd call my GYN but she was promoted to director and so only sees patients about 2 days a month now. Guess I'll try anyway, though.
Unread 03-24-2014, 03:10 PM

I had to stop using soap on my delicate areas years ago. It was causing intense itching, burning and dryness.
If I use shampoo with sulfites in the tub I get same symptoms.
My reactions worsened with peri menopause. Repeat treatment for vaginosis was unsuccessful.
I have a theory that shampoos are using more cheap chemicals. Try sulfite free shampoo and Body Shop glycerine soap.
Unread 03-24-2014, 03:33 PM

Atrophic vaginitis from low estrogen gives all the symptoms of yeast and/or bacterial infection but tests negative. Some of us need something like Vagifem, etc. even while using a systemic method like the patch.
Unread 04-02-2014, 01:10 PM

Try Calmoseptine. It is a behind the counter cream sold at Target. BEST STUFF FOR VAGINAL ITCHING EVER! The first time you apply it you will feel it get that sort of cold/hot feeling and it might freak you out. It has a menthol quality that is meant to promote healing by bringing blood to the surface. My Dr. recommended it to me YEARS ago when I was suffering from back to back yeast/bacterial infections. A tiny bit goes a LONG way, and it stays on for the full day to keep your skin protected from moisture.
Unread 05-03-2014, 03:17 AM

Hey -

I've had quite a bit of itching myself. It started during my surgical recovery but got worse as I was having my high dose internal radiation treatments. I have used feminine wipes to keep that area really clean and tried all kinds of topical creams including A&D and neosporin. My radiologist and his nurse both said to try aquafore. I also have had some strange sensation in my thigh which we think is related to the lymph node removal. Perhaps a nerve was nicked in the process. So, I do wonder if my strange itchy sensations are in part due to that as well. The itching is a little crazy making but I don't think I'd want to use anything orally - not yet. One last thing, if you are using any sort of lubricant, I wonder if the ingredients in that is making things worse. A friend of mine told me that she has a reaction to the ingredients in KY.
Unread 08-17-2014, 06:43 AM

Thanks to all the sisters,great advice cause I've been itching,burning and all thanks for inlitement on these issues.also thanks for great things to try,.thanks ladybree

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register