Crying out of frustration.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Crying out of frustration.... Crying out of frustration....

Unread 09-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Crying out of frustration....

I just had to call the Dr's. office and cancel my surgery with the surgical coordinator. When I had my hysterectomy I had different health insurance and the surgery co-pay was $0.00. When I landed back in the hospital fo 3 days for p/o infection it was $250.00. Now I have a new Health Insurance Group and my outpatient surgery set for Sept 21 was going to cost me a co-payment of $200.00, which I can't afford. The cost doesn't include all the $25.00 co-payments to see the Dr. I am a Stay-At-Home Mom who home schools two boys, so we try to make it off the income of DH alone, so money is tight.

I am so frustrated, and sitting here crying at the fact that I am 14 weeks p/o with a large granuloma which causes me great pain and bleeding let alone the darn discharge I am having from it. The surgical coordinator did talk with the Dr. and he said he will try and do it in the office, but would have to call in some prescriptions before the in office surgery because even though they will numb me it is going to be extremely painful. He said it will be so painful they will have to call in for painkillers before the surgery. I haven't set up that office surgery because I am extremely scared at the prospect of that much pain. Anybody who had any procedure like this have any feedback on this, I need some hope, some light at the end of the tunnel.

Geezzzz....getting off to burying my head in a pillow for a good long hard cry! Every time I think things will get better and everything is going to be taken care of ....bam reality comes back to bite me in the butt!

I hope you sisters can raise my spirits, this has been so long and frustrating for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2005, 11:52 AM

Teresa

If you need surgery to help you feel better, please do it.

I was going to Dr. pretty much once a week for 3mos at 15.00 per visit and was hospitalized 5 times within that amount of time at 200.00 per admission. So I know how expensive it can get.

There was NO WAY I was able to pay all of this as I couldn't work all of this time, and my husband was home with only family sick pay.

I contacted the hospital billing dept and advised the only way they would get paid is to put me on a billing plan. They will TRY to get you to put on a credit card etc.
But, I got put on a 12mo plan, which has now into its 15th month, and no problems as long as I pay them something every month.

Also, Dr's can waive their co-payments for their office visits if they want to!!

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let this stand in your way of feeling better!

Unread 09-08-2005, 12:12 PM

Teresa,

I can understand where you're coming from financially. I, too, am a homeschool mom, and we depend on only dh's income. It's very hard. I wouldn't be able to work even if I wasn't homeschooling, I've had too many health problems. I agree with Neeney. Try to do everything you can to work out a billing plan, I've heard of that too. I didn't know the dr could waive the co-pay, but it makes sense. Believe me, I lived with pain much too long and should have done anything I could to get it taken care of. I'll be praying for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2005, 01:51 PM

I understand feeling pushed to the limit. Even though my insurance is pretty good and I have tons of sick leave built up, I can't afford to be sick. I am the only income in my house. Prior to my surgery I made a payment schedule with the hospital to cover anything the insurance doesn't pay. I also did this with my doctor. Please get the medical care you need. You won't be able to look after your family if you don't look after yourself.
Unread 09-08-2005, 02:20 PM

First all I Thank You all about the Hospital Billing Advise, I appreciate your time, your prayers, and just being there....it truly helps!

I am leaning toward just making the appt. for In Office Surgery. I know my Dr. is advising me that it will be extremely painful, but that would only cost $25.00. I would just like to know how painful? I just don't know, I will discuss it more with DH when he gets home from the Fire Station tomorrow.

For those who had granulation/granuloma removed, did the Dr. numb the vaginal area before removing the it? I know Dr. said if I choose to do the In Office Surgery to remove the granuloma he would order me 2 prescriptions, and that I would need to take them the morning of the procedure which is a sedative and pain killers. Did those having granulation/granuloma removed have any of these prescriptions ordered for them? I need help, so please ladies that have dealt with granulation/granuloma please share your story so I know. Your stories are going to help me to decide what I am going to do.
Unread 09-08-2005, 02:41 PM

Ohhh...I wanted to add I looked up in the Search Forum for granulation and granuloma and everything I read is about the Dr. using silver nitrate. My Dr. is cutting mine out and then I will require a few sutures and back on no swimming and no sex restrictions until he releases me 2 weeks after the procudure. Does granulation/granuloma get so big that they really require surgery instead of the silver nitrate treatments. So confused?
Unread 09-08-2005, 02:50 PM

I'm sorry I can't exactly relate to your in office surgical procedure but I have had a few procedures that were very painful. A few years ago I had to have some small fatty tumors taken out of both of my legs at my surgicenter with a local anesthetic. Unfortunately the surgeon forgot to freeze one of the spots and I felt burning as soon as he cut the skin with the scalpel. I didn't say one word, I did Lamaze breathing during the procedure while he took out the tumor and sutured the area back up. Please don't think I was a matyr because it hurt like ****, but I figured after the initial incision the worst was over. I understand you are concerned about finances but if your pain threshold is low (and this sounds like a painful procedure) it would be worth every penny to have it done at the hospital. You can work out a payment plan and as long as you pay a little every month the billing office will leave you alone. Good luck with your procedure, I'll be thinking of you.
Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register