Post op clothing - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op clothing Post op clothing

Unread 05-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Re: Post op clothing

This is sort of funny...now. My surgery was scheduled for 6:15 am. I purposely chose a very long spiffy shirt with elastic capris. I thought since I only wore them on the way to the castle, I would wear this same outfit home.
Well my husband was super efficient and took my clothes home thinking I planned on wearing whatever was in my suitcase.

I ended up wearing comfy but very gaudy flower pjs as I was rolled through the lobby. At least I didn't go home in my hospital gown LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2013, 06:22 AM

It felt good to put on my "civi's" after 3 days in hospital gowns...but as soon as I got home they came off! I did get rolled through the lobby, and lots of people coming in & out were walking by. I'd suggest not the hospital gowns....they might think you are escaping! LoL Good luck!
Unread 05-10-2013, 06:22 AM

I can see my husband doing that. I will have to explain to him about dress. He would probably do it on purpose thinking its funny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2013, 06:32 AM

Marciamae, you made me snort coffee out my nose!
NCV, I am planning on wearing the pretty dress home. I'm scheduled for one of those 23 hour hospital stays. I too will have to remind my husband to keep my dress on a hanger. Or I'll threaten to bring my gaudy brilliant flower beach muumuu to wear!
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:45 AM

I might also mention, my shoes were taken by little elves as well...another little surprise when I unpacked. So off I went with my floral couch pattern pjs and my hospital slippers.

At least I was appropriately attired for bed when I arrived home...although I do think my outfit may have scared the pets.
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciamae View Post
I might also mention, my shoes were taken by little elves as well...another little surprise when I unpacked. So off I went with my floral couch pattern pjs and my hospital slippers.

At least I was appropriately attired for bed when I arrived home...although I do think my outfit may have scared the pets.
^^^ Have you been teasing the elf ever since? I grinned again reading this!
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Post op clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathering1 View Post
^^^ Have you been teasing the elf ever since? I grinned again reading this!
I never mentioned to the Head Elf in charge of my wardrobe changes... Might not share in the "humor"....LOL!
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:52 PM

I left hospital in my pjs, after a stay of 5 days I really didn't care just wanted to get in the car and get home, one thing I hadn't thought of and don't know if it's the same where you all are ( we live in France) was the fact I have had to wear support stockings since my surgery 2 1/2 weeks now, I do have a couple of lovely Cotten long dresses and 3/4 lengh stretchy shorts BUT then realised apart from trainers only had flip flops not the best look in the world !!! Was really nice to get dressed and to feel a bit more human when I first came out of hospital but after a couple of days back in pjs and slippers hopefully can get rid of support stockings next week and try again to look a bit more human x x
Unread 05-10-2013, 03:19 PM

Yoga pants and a tee shirt worked for me, and after 4 weeks is still my most comfortable outfit! Even tho I've lost a little bit of weight, just 6-7 pounds, tight waistbands are not comfy yet. Prayers and best recovery wishes to all our sisters!
Unread 05-10-2013, 04:23 PM

I plan on wearing my leggings and oversized knitted sweater to the castle and back home...I have 2 mumu type nightgowns packed in my bag, if my tummy doesn't like anything touching it then I'll be wearing 1 of the nightgowns home....My daughter also purchased 2 pair of comfy slide on slippers that have good grip on the bottom...she said I'm allowed to wear the blue pair home from the castle and the pink pair at home, lol! I have a few sundresses and some leggings, if I need more of anything she'll go get it for me (she's the shopper, not me).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register