I am hungry and it's tomorrow! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am hungry and it's tomorrow! I am hungry and it's tomorrow!

Unread 08-16-2006, 07:01 PM
I am hungry and it's tomorrow!

I am so hungry! Ate my last meal at noon today, surgery LAVH scheduled for 1 pm tomorrow so can't eat till 5 or six pm tomorrow.

Am now doing my sodium phosphate bowel prep (ick) and drinking black coffee, which I can have, although I am feeling a little woozy without food.

The last month of waiting for me has been absolute hell. From everything I have read it is the worst part, but I'm so so so scared of surgery.

I just want it to be over with. I want some cottage cheese, and a baked potato, and mmmm...

Sorry. Just wanted to say wish me luck (They are hoping to do LAVH instead of TAH) but I won't know until I wake up. I have my Chapstick and Gas X all packed.

24 hours and it will be over. Thanks for listening.

Sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2006, 07:37 PM

I can feel your pain. I go to the castle next Tuesday. Monday at 4:00 p.m. I get to have me cocktail (magnesium citrate) with only clean food until 1:30 a.m. I think I'll put a candle in the middle of the bowl of jello to make it 'special'.

Not looking forward to Tuesday morning. Nothing to eat or DRINK. I need my coffee. They better give me some happy pills. I may have my DH get me a latte when I wake up and they say its ok to drink.

Good luck tomorrow. You'll be in my prayers.
Unread 08-16-2006, 08:07 PM

I know it's hard to do the liquid diet/bowel prep/other yucky stuff, but just remember it is a means to an end. At this time tomorrow you will be on your road to recovery and ready to begin a new life without Aunt Flo.

Wishing you luck with the LAVH - hope all goes smoothly and you have a rapid recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2006, 08:15 PM

I'm lucky, I didn't have to do a bowel prep for either my lavh nor my bso. And I only couldn't eat 8 hours prior to surgery and clear liquids up to 4 hours before I think, 4 or 2 and coffee is considered a clear liquid provided you don't put milk or creamer in it

Best of luck tomorrow
Unread 08-16-2006, 08:24 PM

Hang in there..it's almost over... by this time tomorrow.......You will be a New Princess..!!

Sending you best wishes and a for a speedy recovery. Look forward to your "I'm Home" posts..

Gen
Unread 08-16-2006, 08:31 PM

Try to focus on all the good stuff that awaits after surgery, including all the yummies you're craving now. And try not to be too nervous about the possibility of a TAH. I looked at my TAH as an assurance that the doctor got a good look at everything and didn't leave any problems behind!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow
Unread 08-16-2006, 11:12 PM

Sorry you are hungry, but it is true, it will all be worth it, I am so nervous I dont think I would be able to eat even if I were allowed the day before.
I am happy that your waiting is over, I want to wish you a safe journey through the castle, and an easy recovery. And remember princess you need rest and lots of pampering! God bless

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register