problems staying asleep | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

problems staying asleep problems staying asleep

Unread 07-14-2007, 05:34 PM
problems staying asleep

Hope this is the right place to ask a question. I had a total vaginal hysterectomy on 4/18/2007. Am on Estrodiol 1mg once a day. Sleep is my issue. I go to bed and have no trouble falling asleep for about 2 hrs if lucky. I awake and can't fall back to sleep for hours. By then its morning and I have to go to work. Didn't have this problem this bad before hysterectomy, so I assume its hormonal. Anyone having the same problem, and any suggestions?

Lirpa81
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 06:07 PM
problems staying asleep

I have major sleep problems since surgery . I hope you can get a good sleep tonight
hugs
Lisa
Unread 07-14-2007, 06:13 PM
problems staying asleep

I also have major sleep problems told my doctor he prescribed Ambien to help me sleep. My surgery was in May and I did not have sleeping problems this bad before surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 07:24 PM
problems staying asleep

My doctor put me on Zoloff due to my sleep problems, she seems to think that it is a combination between the surgery and depression.
Unread 07-14-2007, 07:52 PM
problems staying asleep

Hi!
I do the same thing. I sleep for a couple of hours and that is it. I can't get back to sleep but am not awake enough to do anything constructive. I don't have an answer but I feel for you!

Lizzy
Unread 07-14-2007, 07:53 PM
problems staying asleep

That is EXACTYLY my problem. The first couple of hours are great and then I wake up and can't get back to sleep. My doctor prescribed me AMBIEN CR to take every three days. SHe said that if my sleep and depression is not better within a month she wants me to come back and see her. So far no improvement so I will probably be seeing her at the end of this month.

By the way, I am on the same HRT and the same dosage as you.
Unread 07-14-2007, 09:40 PM
problems staying asleep

Had the same problem. Would fall asleep round 10:00. Wide awake by midnight, awake for hours and was too afraid to get up in fear that I wouldn't be able to train myself to sleep the whole night once I got back to work. I went into this site and read alot and found it was a normal thing after surgery. Was back to the normal sleep a couple of days after returning to work. Sure glad too, it was spooky like I was only going to need 2 hours of sleep a night for the rest of my life.
Unread 07-15-2007, 01:11 AM
problems staying asleep

I've dealt with the sleep issues for a long time as well and my DR gave me Ambien and they actually have a generic for it so I only pay $10 opposed to $40. Maybe you ladies can try it... its not like Lunesta which left this horrible taste in my mouth... it works pretty good for me and I hope it will work good for all of you.
Unread 07-15-2007, 01:40 AM
problems staying asleep

I was having MAJOR sleep problems prior to going on Premarin three days ago. If I got to sleep it was with the help of a XANAX. That bothered me. I've had that prescription for over two years and only ever took one or two a month on bad days. If I got to sleep I couldn't stay asleep. I would wake up for no reason or to go to the bathroom and be up for hours. I saw a lot of sunrises.

Hormones are what I think was my problem. Since I started on Premarin, I have been going to sleep and staying asleep and not napping anymore.

Maybe you can call your dr and discuss it with him/her. AmbienCR is pretty good. I had that in the hospital back in 8/06 when I was admitted with asthma. The elderly woman in the bed next to me would scream all night that people were coming to steal her purse and I wasn't getting a lick of sleep.

I am up late because I found a 2 liter of Mt Dew I didn't know BF had in the fridge.
Unread 07-15-2007, 07:39 PM
problems staying asleep

I take Valerian and Melatonin and that helps so much! I still wake up 2 or 3 times a night, but I go back to sleep pretty quickly. I've also got a prescription for Ambien, for those nights when I absolutely have to get some sleep, but, honestly, the quality of my sleep is not that great with the Ambien. It knocks me out and is better than no sleep, but I'm not as rested.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register