Vent from you know where........ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vent from you know where........ Vent from you know where........

Unread 08-29-2001, 01:34 PM
Vent from you know where........

Okay girls. Sorry to be such a whiner but enough is enough. On top a huge list of peri-menopausal symptoms I now have burning tongue and legs pains that are keeping me from ANY sleep. If this sounds familiar to anyone please write. I tried HRT that seemed to make things worse and have been off of it for a while now. Misery loves company. Hyst is scheduled for October 1st (we changed it from the end of this month because I was too run down) Back pain, leg pain, mouth pain.......where does it end?

Thanks for the vent.

Mindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2001, 05:09 PM
Vent from you know where........

I got he same things except for the burning tongue. I am worn out! On top of all this stuff I am going through physically, our garage was robbed last night for the 4th time in 7 months!
So tired of all this. I spoke with the nurse today and told her how things were, she said just wait till your surgery hon, you are going to feel like a new woman!
It was very re-assuring! She said lots of women get these leg aches and back stuff going on with uterus problems. And after about a week to two weeks out of surgery, she said I will be feeling like I can conquer the world! I said I didn't want to, I just want no more pain and a good night's sleep. She said she would put that on the chart and make sure I get at least one in the hospital!
Sweet lady and she is the dr's wife too so I know she can make it happen!
Hang in there Sweetie---it won't be long now! Lots of hot baths and a frozen bag of vegies ont he low back really helps the pain!( I prefer these as apposed to an ice pack as they confrom to any shape you are putting them on)
Love and hugs!
Peanut
Unread 08-29-2001, 05:32 PM
Re: Vent from you know where...

Mindy,
I didn't have any mouth pain, but I can relate to the leg pains that keep you up at night... Mine would start in the lower back and hip and shoot down my legs.

I am (as of yesterday) 3 weeks post op TAH/BSO and I feel wonderful! Outside of the little aches from surgery. I am not sleeping well, but my assures me that this is probably just surgical stress related and prescribed me a sleeping pill.

Just hang in there. Waiting is the worst part. You will feel so much better after surgery. Until then, I will keep you in my prayers.

's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2001, 10:39 PM
Thanks to both of you

For your reassurance that I'm not alone in this. It shall pass. Can't wait for surgery at this point.

Love to both,
Mindy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register