A big thanks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-19-2001, 01:44 PM
A big thanks

I would like to thank each and every one of you who makes this site so very special for people like myself. I have been contemplating a hysterectomy. After speaking with a complete stranger who is having the exact same symptoms as I am and after reading all the stories from this site, my decision has been made to have the surgery. It has already been scheduled.
Thank you for all the hope and insight this sight has given me. Aprehension still continues to morph me into a zombie at times, but your humor, kindness and support make it much easier to deal with.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Zoo keeper

PS I'm still trying to navigate around this site so forgive any screw ups on my part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2001, 04:47 PM
A big thanks

Hi Mel and welcome to HysterSisters! So glad you found us.

Like you, I was lucky to find HS before my surgery. The information and caring and humor made the wait sooooo much easier for me, so I'm glad if it helps you too.

Feel free to post any questions you have as I'm sure you'll have tons! Also, if you want to include a little information, such as your surgery date, type of surgery and reason why, when you post your questions, you'll find that others with similar experiences will respond.

Best wishes to you and 's
Unread 11-19-2001, 04:57 PM
A big thanks

Hi Mel!! I have relatives in Wisc. Cheese heads!! Im glad you found some answers here. This site was a BIG help to me when I was making all my plans and had so many questions. Its very comforting and reassuring to hear positive stories. I know not everyone has good things to say about their experience, but I would say a majority of the women here are positive and will say that having a hysterectomy isnt as bad as they thought. It sure wasnt for me. I was treated great at my hospital. Great nurses and my doctor needs to win an award for being so funny in times of stress. He had me cracking up..... Then when I got home, I was taken well care of by my hubby, who luckily is home based with his job, and my 16 year old daughter, family and friends. Now I am almost 6 months post op. I havent felt this good in 20 years. No more periods, pain, bleeding, bloating, being sad, mad, ill, frustrated.... Im just happy as can be and hopefully you will soon be too.
Take care, do something nice for yourself between now and your surgery date..... Stay positive and remember that after all this is over, there will be a new improved you!
Best of luck!
MB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2001, 06:57 PM
A big thanks

Mel,

This is the greatest site isn't it? There has not been one time that a question of mine has gone unanswered, these ladies are the best!

Keep reading and posting!
Unread 11-19-2001, 07:23 PM
Welcome Mel

Yes you are sure right this is the best site that you will find. I am so grateful for the never endind help and support I have had from all the sisters here. It has been a godsend. I too was lucky to have found this site not long before my surgery 9 weeks ago and it answerd any questions I had. The one thing that makes us normal is being frightend of the unknown and I do not think there would be many who disagree with that.
Good luck on your upcoming surgery, may it all go as planned and may you have a uneventful surgery and wonderful recovery. thinking of you.
Love and Hugs Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register