Anyone from Ontario? (2003) - Page 36 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters Around the World > Canada

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone from Ontario? (2003) Anyone from Ontario? (2003)

Unread 08-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Re: Anyone from Ontario?

I'm in Toronto , have consulation appt on monday where I hope we are going to talk hysterectomy.

Would love to hear from anyone who has been treated in Toronto ( via PM if you want to talk about specific dr's and hospitals). I'm fairly new to Canada and am having trouble with just getting my head round how things work here.

Had an upsetting experience at my last appt about treatment options and have been referred to yet another gyno

feel a bit like everyone is playing pass the parcel with me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2011, 07:01 AM

I highly recommend Dr. <> in Markham, On. He operates out of the Markham Stouffville Hospital and has an office right next door.

Good luck!
Unread 08-12-2011, 07:58 AM

woohoo, thought i was the only Ontario person here, lol. I am from Kenora, Ontario, post-op 5 weeks now - so far so good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Anyone from Ontario? (2003)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck2be View Post
I'm in Toronto , have consulation appt on monday where I hope we are going to talk hysterectomy.

Would love to hear from anyone who has been treated in Toronto ( via PM if you want to talk about specific dr's and hospitals). I'm fairly new to Canada and am having trouble with just getting my head round how things work here.

Had an upsetting experience at my last appt about treatment options and have been referred to yet another gyno

feel a bit like everyone is playing pass the parcel with me
Hey there, I am in Mississauga and had one in January this year. I feel better than I have in years. Any more info message me and we can talk. You will be fine great decision I have ever made

Wifey (Jan 7,2011)
Unread 09-01-2011, 01:57 PM

Hi, I am in SW Ontario. I had my surgery Aug 9 in London. He is a very reassuring and well reputed Doctor. I did only see him once prior to surgery as he was my second opinion follow up. I met him in October 2010 and he scheduled me for August surgery that day. I had TVH with anterior and posterior repairs (rectocele). Everything that I have heard about him instilled confidence.
Surgery was Aug 9, 2011 and I am resting at home. He originally said 6 to 7 week recovery, in hospital he said 7 to 8 weeks, We split the difference for a 7 week return to work.
I am felling good but I am also being very good.
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:38 AM

Windsor ontario here....Sept 20/11 had TAH/BSO, 3cm cyst removed from vagina (pressing on rectum), moderate endometriosis and hernia repair. I had felt pretty terrible for a year, lost 35lbs and new lactose intolerant/IBS diagnosis in March 2011. Had a lap done on Sept 6/11 and basically emergency hyst Sept 20/11. Eight days post-op and still really run-down and gas pain/bloating is the worst!!! One day at a time....looking forward to feeling somewhat human again soon!!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-30-2011, 07:23 PM

Hiya! I'm in Thunder Bay and had a TVH September 28. Doing well and couldn't be more pleased with the care I received in the hospital and from my wonderful doctor. Hope all continues to progress smoothly during recovery.
Unread 09-30-2011, 09:36 PM

That is awesome! I also had a wonderful doctor who put up with this very cranky patient (me) and I feel I had very good care in the same hospital you were in. We are very fortunate to have a teaching hospital here.
Unread 10-03-2011, 05:16 PM

I am from Brantford Ontario, and having my Hysterectomy Nov 15.
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:37 AM

Hi Annie- I'm from Ottawa Ontario- I'm 48 years old and had my hysterectomy 14 years ago. I still have my ovaries and went through menopause about 10 years ago. I'm currently on estrace which is a hormone replacement therapy med. that I take for my libido. Good Luck with your up-coming surgery. Daphne.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register