Aloha to All...........Newbie here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aloha to All...........Newbie here Aloha to All...........Newbie here

Unread 02-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Aloha to All...........Newbie here

I just wanted to say "HI & Aloha" to all. I just happen to find this site by accident yesturday. Read some of the post and found it very helpful.
I had a TVH on Feb 12th...due to Andomyosis, Abnormal bleeding and Dysmenorrhea. After surgery, I was told my uterus was enlarged and now waiting for the report/results from pathelogy(sp?) I was discharged on the following day. I am glad to be home. Feeling better by the day. The pain is tolerable with the pain meds, and using a heating pad with a pillow for support seems to help. But having problems with gas and constipation. Taking the stool softner, trying to keep hydrated with water.....tried prune juice yesturday(yuck)..it helped some.
Any other suggestions......would be appreciated
thank you in advance.

Hope all are doing well
Wishing all a speeding recovery

Aloha
Sakura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2004, 05:18 PM

I was given Pepcid AC in the hospital for gas and used it at home with great results; it permitted me to sleep through the night. I really wasn't bothered by gas during the day. Many other Hyster Sisters use other OTC gas products, such as Gas-X.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Aloha
Unread 02-16-2004, 08:19 PM

TAH/SBO on 1-21-04. Took pain meds for over two weeks - vicodin every 3 or 4 hours. Kept me very comfortable. I just stayed down and rested and now at nearly 4 weeks am feeling pretty good. Doctor gave me samples of BEXTRA at 2 weeks and it seems to help after I quit the pain meds. Ended up needing Tucks and Prep H cream. Staying down seems to help the swelly belly.
Unread 02-16-2004, 08:42 PM
welcome

Sakura,
Welcome to the club. Glad to hear you are feeling pretty good. I am 18 days post op and I'm still having some problems with constipation. I got some Metamusil tablets. I took 2 last night around 10, at 4 this morning, I had to go and have gone a total of 3 times. This may help you also. Gas-X is a wonder drug for me.
Hope you find all the information you need here, there are some really great ladies on here.
Unread 02-16-2004, 08:56 PM

TAH/RSO on 2-6-04. Using Gas X and Colace. It has worked for me, but everyone is different. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Unread 02-16-2004, 09:23 PM

Hi sakura . im two and a half weeks post OP there about .

yes I found this bard by accident and wish I had come across it sooner .

I have adenomyosis too and find its a misunderstood disease . because I lok perfectly normal outside peole are often shocked to learn I need pain meds or Im sick and in pain alot of the time .

mei
Unread 02-17-2004, 06:02 AM
Thank You

Thank you all for the nice welcome and advice/suggestions.
I really appreciate it.
The gas has actually gotten better today.......and i feel quite good. Still sore and achy.

Hope all have a good day
take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register