transvaginal ultrasound was painful. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

transvaginal ultrasound was painful. transvaginal ultrasound was painful.

Unread 04-11-2005, 06:22 PM
transvaginal ultrasound was painful.

hi, had an abdominal and transvaginal ultrasound done today so that they good get a better look at this mass on my left ovary. feeling pain on the right side of my groin and down my thigh. my legs feel shaky. the transvaginal was painful. tech said that he was moving it around to get better views. anyone else have this kind of reaction?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2005, 06:30 PM

Yes i did sorry you had to go through that . I was in the er the last part of febuary and they did one ,very painful. DH told the tech to stop you could see the problem plain as day. I still have a bruise where she dug her elbow into my thigh so you will feel the pain. Good luck to you and rest .

LAVAH IN TWO DAYS CANT WAIT TO GET RID OF TILLY THE TIDAL WAVE.......
Unread 04-11-2005, 07:13 PM

I had one the other day that was also very painful, but it was mostly because my bladder was so full and the tech was pressing on it very hard. Also, it hurt quite a bit when she put pressure on my cervix. My doctor thinks I have a fibroid on my cervix as it was also painful when he did an exam. All my fibroids are on the right side and for the rest of the day I felt like I'd been kicked by a horse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2005, 07:16 PM
transvaginal ultrasound

lol, so glad it was not just me! i thought, what a wimp i must be..everyone says it does not hurt. lol what is weird is that my right side hurts yet the mass is on my left side.
Unread 04-11-2005, 11:35 PM

Well here is my pennies worth. I had that done, and becuz of cervical dyslplasia I can tell you it hurt like HECK.

The doc said it was becuz my cervix was pretty much done.

To top it all off, when it did get done, i bled and sex was a no no for quite sometime.

I'm soo glad its over. Wishing you dear ladies the VERY BEST.

carrie
Unread 04-11-2005, 11:40 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm like the rest of you I've had 2 done and both hurt like crazy and I usually have a high pain tolerance. I also found that internals of any type were painful.

Wishing you all well.............Karen
Unread 04-12-2005, 01:51 PM

Hello, I am with all the rest of you I had 3 trns ultrasounds before they found out was wrong with me and I swear I was in more pain afterwards than I was in before they did it.and you tell the techs that they are hurting you and they say hold on a little longer I am almost done. I am not a violent person but I swear I wanted to jump of that table and puch one of them.as for the lady that said she hurts on the opposite side as her mass sometimes that happens. I had an ectopic pregnacy that ruptured and all my pain was on my left side but it was the right tube that had ruptored go figure. well anyways I just wanted to add my 2cents to this post, Cathy
Unread 04-12-2005, 02:37 PM
ouch

I have had that type of ultrasound done too and it is sooo sore I normally have to takepainkillers before any examinations and then spend the rest of the day feeling like i done 10 rounds with mike tyson lol hope you feel better soon from shiona
Unread 04-12-2005, 02:42 PM

I had a Trans-vaginal ultrasound last summer that was not painful at all. However, I just had one about three weeks ago that was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had. The tech said it was probably due to my fibroids, but I think part of it was the technique of the technician.

kjean

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register