TAH Swelly Belly - 6 months postop - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly Belly - 6 months postop Swelly Belly - 6 months postop

Unread 02-26-2012, 09:39 PM
Re: Swelly Belly - 6 months postop

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorc View Post
I had my Hysterectomy Feb 8th. I only thought I would have one Ovary removed but they took both and my cervix. During the nicked my bowel. wondering If anyone else had the same misfortune?
So sorry to hear that happened to you. I remember the doctor telling me before surgery about the chance of that happening. I was fortunate and I am happy that I had both ovaries removed. How are you doing with all of this? Hang in there. Even without the difficulties that you have experienced this is a long process, but I will say that overall for me it was well worth it. It gets better every day. Take care of yourself and take the time to heal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2012, 10:00 AM

I am just 10 days post op and my swelly belly is not too bad, in fact it is flatter that before surgery as I had a huge fibroid removed and that awful bulge is gone.

My problem is that I am scared to look at the wound and at that part of my tummy in general. The incision is quite long but very neat and down at my bikini line. My tummy above it however is kind of puckered and jutting out over the incision - horrible really. I am hoping that when the swelling goes down it wont look so bad. I just have a dry dressing on it now and change it before showering and run the water from the shower head on the wound as advised by my doctor. I have to pyche myself up for this though as I am very scared looking at the wound site. Is this a bit mad? I feel silly and am not normally squimish but this whole business has been quite traumatic for me although I am generally feeling very well and things are going smoothly.

Best wishes to all.

Kallinda.
Unread 02-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Swelly Belly - 6 months postop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy63 View Post
So sorry to hear that happened to you. I remember the doctor telling me before surgery about the chance of that happening. I was fortunate and I am happy that I had both ovaries removed. How are you doing with all of this? Hang in there. Even without the difficulties that you have experienced this is a long process, but I will say that overall for me it was well worth it. It gets better every day. Take care of yourself and take the time to heal.
Thanks fir the response. I think I posted my post onto the wrong page. Having a hardtome navigating this website. Can I ask why you feel having both your ovaries taken was good for you. I am not sure how I feel and would love some "positive" feedback! Thanks again
Unread 02-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Swelly Belly - 6 months postop

Hi roxy63. I am not sure I am posting my posts in the right places. This website confuses me. Anyway any positive feedback you can give me on taking both my ovaries would be great. I am not sure how I feel about it and being on this patch really bothers me. Thanks
Unread 05-24-2012, 09:57 PM

Im at the 9 month mark and sometimes my incision itches and is a little sore. I still wear zippered pants, but by the end of the day, Im putting a dry washcloth between my waistband and my incision to keep it from getting irritated. I am also experiencing gas like crazy. And my belly does this rumbling gassy feeling and it feels like shifting and such inside. Its weird, and I just contribute it to my gas.
Unread 06-30-2012, 04:02 AM

I have/had, hard swelly belly. Many woman have spoke about intestional problems. Well that is in my opinion the problem. Your Dr. will tell you, that the intestines does not like to be messed with. They are very long, many feet long. They are not being removed like our female organs have been. They are being pushed, pulled, taken out and put back in, and not usually in the same position they have been ALL OF YOUR LIFE until now. Believe me, your intestines are honkerblonked-off, and will take a while to smile again. The hard swollen belly, is air, just like a balloon, blow it up, it will get hard and round and you can not grab it by the body, let some air out and you can grab it by the body. Think about whenever any part of you has swollen in the past, a bump on the head, a bee sting or anything, it will swell and once it goes down, it does not swell again, or does it. Your belly is not swollen and hard in the morning, because you have digested and in most cases dispelled the food. Try fasting for a day, and you will notice a big difference. You will understand that it's gas in most cases, some of the same foods you ate prior to surgery. are no longer friends with your intestines, some of you may be eating gassy foods. Do a search on gassy foods and see if you're eating them. Notice when you eat, and when your belly swells. Try eating lunch/dinner, and immediately walk for 10/15 min and take a Gas X and see what happens; No Swelling or very little. I also believe that the gas can be so intense, that when it fills your tummy to that extent and is not moving, it is also pressing on your cuff wound, making it tender more so. If it can stretch and make your belly uncomfortable, and miserable, what do you think it will do to your wound. No extreme bloating, no pressure on the wound. Your intestines can even get a kink in them like a water hose does, once they put them back, wouldn't you be honkerblonked and aggravated in that case. In most cases, I'ts not swelling, like a bump on the head is swelling, it's bloating/air pressure. You ever heard of a person being rushed to the hospital and it was just gas, Gas will kick your ...! I was wondering why it was taking me so long to heal, and once I eliminated the majority of gas, my wound/cuff felt a lot better and continued to heal. I have not felt any major discomfort, since I focused on eliminating the gas and found what foods my intestines would to be friends with. I hope this will relieve some of your swelly bellies. Good luck all. Freemissmarie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register