Surgery canceled - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery canceled Surgery canceled

Unread 06-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Re: Surgery canceled

Dear Jay62:

My heart goes out to you -- I am praying that God will help see you through with your finances. Hang in there; and keep praying.

Hugs,
Chrys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2009, 09:47 AM

Find out if you can make payments. I've got three offices taking $20 a month as that's all I can do.

Tell them that once this disabling condition is cured, you can get back to work and pay more each month! Or get on somewhere, like Starbucks or Wal-mart, that offers health insurance to new-hires, get it, and go for it. You owe it to yourself.
Unread 06-15-2009, 09:59 AM

That is a good idea, Chocolate4Cure. My hospital also had payment options to draw the expense out for a period of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2009, 10:41 AM

Thanks girls for the support and encouragement. And yeah, I was kinda in shock when the dr told me that the only way he would do it was if someone 'funded' it (his words here). So that says to me that he wants his money up front and right away. The woman at the hospital was also very rude and told me that if I got turned down for help then they were cancelling the surgery!

I just spoke to the nurse at the drs office and she is calling the hospital back and seeing what she can do to make it still happen. She said there are others ways and that the hospital should have meantioned it to me - but they didn't.

I'll let everyone know what happens as soon as I find out. Oh - gotta run for now - will write more in a bit!
Unread 06-15-2009, 03:00 PM

Jay I am SO sorry to hear that you are going through this. You are very welcome here, thi sis a wonderful caring place, and please feel free to vent whenever you want
Unread 06-15-2009, 08:12 PM

Jay, I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. I know it's a hard road that you are traveling, but you were sent to this website (as we all were) for a reason or a season. Which ever one it is, God Bless You and you just continue to shine, because IT WILL BE ALRIGHT.
Unread 06-17-2009, 12:38 PM

Jay- I hope everything gets figured out for you soon! I'm glad to hear that the nurse at the Dr.'s office is trying to help you out.
Unread 06-17-2009, 02:09 PM

Wow ~ all of you girls are so wonderful! You're gonna make me cry now (and I'm not joking either.....). Thank you for all of the prayers and support. Can't tell you all how very, very much I appreciate it!!

And you know what Georgia ~ I know you're right. God sent me here so I could have all of you with me I feel that for sure. And I am so thankful to Him for that. I promise I'll do my ultimate best to be here for all of you also **big hugs to everyone**. What a blessing you all are!!

Now I'll give a quick update: I went to the new pain management dr this morning (why I haven't been on at all yet today) and he did give me some medication to get me out of pain and agreed to be with me and handle my pain through and after surgery! Yea - right? WRONG! When I was checking out I heard him "chewing out" the girls in the office for taking me on as a patient and he just kept on and on and on ragging on them until finally one of the girls noticed that "I WAS STANDING THERE HEARING EVERYTHING HE WAS SAYING"!! Then not even an hour after I had left he had one of his nurses call me and tell me that he had changed his mind!! Can you believe it? I was just in shock again! He says that he needs MRI reports and CT scans and things like that to prove I have these problems! I told them before he ever agreed to see me that the only "recent" thing I had gotten done was a sonogram and that I had only seen the GYN once (and the GYN took one look at the sonogram - did a pelvic and said I had to have surgery - that's it).

Ya know I have to say - I did find it kinda odd that he told me I had to come BACK to his office just two days after I am released from the hospital (two hour drive - four hour round trip). And I have no one who could drive me. It was hard enough making that drive by myself today - I couldn't figure out how I was supposed to make it right after being released from the hospital.....

Anyway, I called the GYN and left a message (again) and called the main girl in that PM drs office who had scheduled the apt for me and I also called the nurse from my old pain management drs office (she had referred me to this drs office to begin with) and told all of them what had transpired. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from all of them..... I'm tellin ya, no drs around my area believe in helping someone to have even a "little bit" of pain relief. I just don't get it at all. And now that I know how he feels about me anyway - how am I supposed to feel comfortable in allowing "him" to be my dr? I won't! And I can tell Jesus that I am not making up or exagerating any of this. I promise!

I won't have this surgery if someone will not agree to give me adequate treatment afterwards during my healing process. I won't do it. I can't. Not after what I went through the last time I had that scraping done. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm just being a big baby to you all but I can't go on and on for days with "that" kind of pain. I'd rather live with "this pain" that I have now than go through days and days and maybe even weeks of the pain that I had for just ONE DAY after the last time. :'( I honestly think that the LAST dr who really loves and cares about his/her patients disappeared when my dr retired.

Ok - well there was my venting for the day! Thank you all for being here and listening. Love and God Bless to all of you ~ and I pray that you all have a wonderful day.
Unread 06-17-2009, 07:43 PM

Jay you have the right to state how you feel, and no one can hold that against you. I am sorry that you are having such a difficult time! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers . . . somewhere, somehow, this will resolve itself for you. Just keep believing and know that we are all here for you.

HUGS!
Unread 06-18-2009, 01:29 AM

I am so sorry you are going through this. There is nothing wrong with trying to find a doc. who will create a pain plan beforehand. Prayers are coming!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register