Only a few more hours (what to expect regarding gas and cramping?) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Only a few more hours (what to expect regarding gas and cramping?) Only a few more hours (what to expect regarding gas and cramping?)

Unread 10-31-2013, 09:16 PM
Only a few more hours (what to expect regarding gas and cramping?)

Got to be at the hospital 5:15 in the morning and surgery scheduled for 7:30 so that puts us leaving by 3 am. Looking forward to getting this over and back home to my furbabies and son which should be Saturday. Cant say I'm not nervous cause I know theres going to be pain and with fibromyalgia comes more pain. ughhhh!!!! Like my dr told me hope for the best but plan for the worse so maybe if I plan for it to be really bad then it wont be so bad. Trying to psych myself out and hope it works.lol
So a last question for anyone who may see this, what can I expect as far as gas and is there alot of cramping?
Well next time I post I hope its all good news!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2013, 09:22 PM
Re: Only a few more hours

Hi aundy -

I assume you are having a laproscopic-type procedure if you are asking about gas. I cannot answer that, as I had open abdominal surgery and for that they don't fill you with gas. Other ladies on this site should be able to answer that one for you.

Good luck with your surgery, I am sure all will go well. We will be waiting for you on the other side.

Unread 10-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Re: Only a few more hours (what to expect regarding gas and cramping?)

Hang in there! I also have fibromyalgia and systemic lupus. They managed my pain very well. I had my surgery on Tuesday 10/29 and went home on Wednesday 10/30. I had the daVinci robotic lap.
The gas pain has not been too terrible, I have been taking stool softeners that my doc prescribed, loratab & Motrin - altered.
I have also been drinking a ton of water and moving about, this seems to help the gas work it's way out. Some prune juice helped me get going in other ways lol!
I hope this to be encouraging and wish you well. 💜
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2013, 12:02 AM

I didn't feel any cramping, pain Yes, but painkillers made the deal. The worst for me during the first days was the gas pain and shoulder pain. I talk for myself that walk is the key to get rid of such awful pain. Walking even a little in your room then in the hallway and when you feel ready short walk out of home and I'm telling you is not like magic but almost. Remember drink lots of water, start taking the X Gas pills, Colace (stool softener), and walk, rest, walk and rest. Good luck. I meet you in the other side )
Unread 11-01-2013, 01:19 PM

I'm sure either having the surgery now or just post-op but I wanted to share that I'm day 3 post-op and a heating pad has been my lifesaver with the shoulder pains. They've hurt way worse than incision pain and the pain meds dont seem to help at all. But a rolled up heating pad tucked under my shoulders is the only way I could sleep last night. Try wriggling around a little bit too if you can, that will help work the bubbles out too. If you don't already have a heating pad I suggest getting one asap.
Unread 11-01-2013, 03:42 PM

I had DaVinci and cramping pain, like period pains for about an hour after I woke up. Had some gas pain, but nothing crazy. I'm 11 days post op and feeling great. The day after surgery was the most uncomfortable, hard to get up off the couch by myself, but every day after was better. Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll be fine. I was a wreck before too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register