6wks i thought this would be easy???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6wks i thought this would be easy???? 6wks i thought this would be easy????

Unread 07-20-2006, 12:35 AM
6wks i thought this would be easy????

wow hit 6 wks yesterday Dr said all is healing nicely thank god. I did not realise how much this was going to take out of me, I feel like a sook if i complain to much and i think hubby and kids are sick of hearing it to, but between the pain and the emotional confusion i am really struggling, you see i thought because i kept my ovaries that it would be ok, but since wk 3 i am so short tempered an hav no tolerance for anything, i know it was major surgery, it is just such a shock to the system, in so many ways!!!! My memory is shot an i am having a hard time dealing with the fact that part of me is gone? I feel so alone at times that my friends and family just dont understand. I know it will get better its such a struggle in the mean time. I dont know what i would have done without this web site. THANK YOU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2006, 12:46 AM

Hang in there. Once your hormones get straightened out I'm sure you'll feel better!
Had to reply when I saw you were still awake in the wee hrs too!
Unread 07-20-2006, 01:21 AM
welcome fellow Aussie!

Hi cathisa!

I had my LAVH a few days before yours. My memory is shot too!! And I'm beginning to wonder if it's always been like that... cannot remember!

Hang in there. I hear it gets better! I sure hope so as I'm going back to work on Monday - my boss has stopped my bonus pay (by $10/hr!!!)since I haven't been meeting my work target!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2006, 01:40 AM

My memory was hopeless for weeks & weeks after the op too - don't worry, some of that is due to the anaesthetic and chemicals you've been pumped full of! I'm six months post op now and heaps better. As you say, there's a lot of physical healing going on and emotional stuff to deal with as well, and others don't always appreciate how much you have to deal with at the moment. Go easy on yourself - I am still dealing with some of this stuff even now - allow yourself time to recover from it all!
Unread 07-20-2006, 01:50 AM

aussies from the 3 Eastern states!

hi Suzy!
Unread 07-20-2006, 01:57 AM

Hi there Laalaa! We're on line at the same time! It's freezing cold up here (just outside Sydney - Blue Mountains area). My brother in Melb is checking out a place for me in St Kilda ... I'm off to Sydney for the weekend tomorrow, catching up with some friends there. Meanwhile hoping I can help out some other sisters on the site! How are you?
Cheers! Suzy
Unread 07-20-2006, 02:07 AM

St Kilda is nice. St Kilda Rd even nicer - my friend recently bought the 7th floor aprt she's been renting. condo has own gym and lap pool. tram-lines all along St Kilda rd to the city. on a good day she WALKS in to work on Collins st.
Unread 07-20-2006, 02:12 AM

I know. Me too. It is very hard and I am realizing that I won't be the same. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing the best you can. Rest when you need to and try not to do too much. I notice when I am tired I feel and act irritable.
Unread 07-20-2006, 08:55 AM
mee too

I know exactly how you feel. I am 5 weeks in and I cry for know reason and I have no brain left and I think I am making mountains out of mole hills with my family too. I think the no intimacy thing doesn't help. I don't feel the emotional attachment to my partner and we were so close that way. He has been so good to me through this. I get so sore half way through the day I NEED to lay down. I have no choice and I feel guilty for that. I hope you heal fast and well....

I am so happy to be part of this support system
Unread 07-20-2006, 09:13 AM

I don't know, but I seemed in a fog for several weeks after surgery. I think it had to do with anaesthesia- I seem much more "myslef" now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register