Restless Leggggg!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Restless Leggggg!!!!!!!! Restless Leggggg!!!!!!!!

Unread 09-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Restless Leggggg!!!!!!!!

Ladies Help!!!! I Am Having Restless Leg And I Am About To Go Nuts!i Cant Sleep With My Husband Because I Feel Like I Will Wake Him Up From Me Tossing And Turning,it Feels Like Someone Hooked Up A Electrical Cord Up To My Legs,uhhhhhh Does Anyone Have Any Advice,is This A Side Effect Of Menopause,i Have No Ovaries And Its Been 3 Weeks And 4 Days Since My Surgery.i Had Restless Leg Last Year During My Pregnancy,but I Think This One Takes The Cake!its Miserable!i Hate Sleeping On My Couch! Is Anyone On Requipt Or Taking Something That Helps?thanks Yall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Restless Leggggg!!!!!!!!

I too have had this several times since my surgery! I did have it a few times before, but it seems worse now. I know there is prescription medication for this. Call your dr. and ask about it. I know how awful it is! Keep me posted. Good Luck!!
Unread 09-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Restless Leggggg!!!!!!!!

(((Doodlebear)))
I can sympathize. I have had restless legs for years. After surgery it seemed worse too, I'm not sure why. I have found that taking a good calcium w/ magnesium supplement takes care of mine. I would suggest you try that first. The calcium can't be a bad thing and I think you'll find it helps.

I have also heard there are some prescriptions out that help. If I can get by with my calcium and magnesium I prefer to do that. I had a dr tell me it's actually the magnesium, more than the calcium that helps so be sure you get a good one with both.

I have also read on the boards that putting a bar of Dial soap under your sheets at the foot of the bed takes care of it. I keep thinking the next time I have a flare up, I'm going to try this. So, anyway, for what it's worth, you might want to give that a try tonight.
I hope you get to feeling better soon- let us know.
's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Restless Leggggg!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebear
Ladies Help!!!! I Am Having Restless Leg And I Am About To Go Nuts!i Cant Sleep With My Husband Because I Feel Like I Will Wake Him Up From Me Tossing And Turning,it Feels Like Someone Hooked Up A Electrical Cord Up To My Legs,uhhhhhh Does Anyone Have Any Advice,is This A Side Effect Of Menopause,i Have No Ovaries And Its Been 3 Weeks And 4 Days Since My Surgery.i Had Restless Leg Last Year During My Pregnancy,but I Think This One Takes The Cake!its Miserable!i Hate Sleeping On My Couch! Is Anyone On Requipt Or Taking Something That Helps?thanks Yall

I have to take anxiety med Ativan for my stress and it seems to help with my leg jerking too. I too try to watch what I am eating late in the day. Try to relax (I still cant do it 100% but I try) I drink a double bagged cup of chamomile sleepytime tea and my anxiety meds and don't eat sugar or caffeine after noon each day seems to help... Maybe you can see the foods are the problem? .. I had to cut out coffee years ago due to it. NOW just the sugar calling my name if I end up eating sugar too late at night it can, not always get my legs jerking, its like I cant get them comfortable!!!......... not as bad as some diagnosed RLS ladies get but mine was bad enough to watch what and when I ate or drank, and to give up a cup of coffee a day .. and I USED TO LOVE MY COFFEE!!! Good luck!!!
Unread 09-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Restless Leggggg!!!!!!!!

[quote=preciouspearl](((Doodlebear)))
I can sympathize. I have had restless legs for years. After surgery it seemed worse too, I'm not sure why. I have found that taking a good calcium w/ magnesium supplement takes care of mine. I would suggest you try that first. The calcium can't be a bad thing and I think you'll find it helps.[/QUOTE

I, second this, calcium has kept those restless legs of mine at bay for many years. If I am traveling or forget to take them for a few days in a row the *jumpy legs* return with a vengeance....within a few hours of taking Calcium I get relief.
Unread 09-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Bar Of Soap Under Your Sheets ???

Ok I was so taken back about the soap under the sheets I did a google on it; here is the link http://www.reallans.com/mmml.shtml?/002240.shtml it says no dove and no dial..soap, I just may try this!! Good luck...
Unread 09-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Restless Leggggg!!!!!!!!

(((Presouz)))
Thank you for the article. I was posting from memory and thought I remembered it was Dial, but this seems to say no to that. The only reason I mentioned it is because it's such a harmless and easy thing to try to ease such a miserable condition. If it can work for someone.. great.
's, Rita
Unread 09-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Restless Leggggg!!!!!!!!

I am so happy you did mention it!!! I am still in shock a bar of soap may help someone!!! I'm going to try it!!! Keep you all updated..
Unread 09-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Restless Leggggg!!!!!!!!

This is so wierd,I read all those comments on the link...OH PLEEEEASE WORK! Thank u soooo much prezouz!and everyone else...LETS GIVE IT A SHOT!
Unread 09-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Restless Leggggg!!!!!!!!

YES SOON AS THE heat fades by tomorrow I will go to the market and get some IRISH SPRING I love that soap, I have only liquid soaps now.... and its 100 now 107 yesterday and day before and day before UGH.... so TOO HOT to go anywhere GOOD LUCK keep everyone posted!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register