LSH Does this mean the endometriosis is back ALREADY?!? Mini-period and a lot of symptoms. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does this mean the endometriosis is back ALREADY?!?  Mini-period and a lot of symptoms. Does this mean the endometriosis is back ALREADY?!? Mini-period and a lot of symptoms.

Unread 01-30-2015, 07:20 AM
Does this mean the endometriosis is back ALREADY?!? Mini-period and a lot of symptoms.

I am in utter disbelief that these problems are popping up again. In 2011, I had an unexplained surge in estrogen. I probably had endometriosis then, too. But I didn't know. Anyway, it was a month long period of nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, anxiety, bleeding, cold sweats, hot flashes, I was MISERABLE!!! I had my hysterectomy in October (the 20th - so I am 3 months 10 days out). They removed a ton of stage 4 endometriosis, removed my uterus (which I am actually still waiting on the dr to mail my copy of the path report), and said the pathology showed the estrogen level in my uterus was sky high??? I kept my cervix (maybe regret that), and kept both ovaries. Here I sit, same as before, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, anxiety, headaches, cold sweats, hot flashes, MENSTURAL CRAMPS and I have been spotting since January 15th. Which is the day my "mini period" began. Except it forgot to stop.

I'm scheduled to see the endocrinologist on Monday. Which seems forever and a day away. Sure wish I knew what it was and how fast they can make it stop. I am getting more miserable by the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2015, 08:51 AM
Re: Does this mean the endometriosis is back ALREADY?!? Mini-period and a lot of symptoms.

I am so sorry for all you are going through.

It is very possible that your surgeon wasn't able to remove all of the endometriosis so you are still dealing with it, but it is also possible that what you are feeling is hormonal imbalance and PMS. A lot of women don't realize that cramping isn't always just the uterus and can actually be the bowels as they can respond to hormones, too. Your cervix could be causing the cramping and pain, too.

While you wait for your appointment, I would suggest you keep a detailed symptom diary that you can share with your medical team. This can help determine what is going on for you.

in there!

(By the way, your profile shows you had a TLH rather than LSH, so you might want to update that info.)

Unread 01-30-2015, 09:34 AM
Re: Does this mean the endometriosis is back ALREADY?!? Mini-period and a lot of symptoms.

Your symptoms sound more like thyroid issues than endometriosis. I have Endo too. When my thyroid started going, I had all the above, anxiety, racing heart, sweating and major hot flashes, insomnia, diarrhea, really irritable. It took a while to pinpoint it but I'm glad you're seeing an endocrinologist. Get your tsh, free t3, free t4, and alla the different thyroid antibodies checked!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2015, 11:34 AM

I tried to find where to change my profile but I couldn't!! Lol!

Just recently had a complete thyroid work up. But I'm sure she'll repeat it. I had ALL of the above symptoms in 2011 when I had an unexplained estrogen surge.

Just spoke to surgeon's office. I'm going back in. The nurse said it totally sounded like the Endo is back and to not be surprised if she suggests another laparoscopic surgery. Joy joy.
Unread 01-31-2015, 08:58 AM

It is best to have those levels checked. I will share my endo and I have a history of cysts came back. I ended up with another surgery so go in being prepared to hear that as a possibility. The questions I didn't know to ask ask at the time was about how to stop it from growing; myself I can't take estrogen (migraines) without having to go through lots of hoop jumping and stuff. This round I found out they do have just a progestin based birth control. They are going to start me on it as soon as I see her for the post-op appt.

I share that as I went in the first time thinking well this will solve it. Heck I even thought the partial hysterectomy would solve it but I was left with an ovary so it didn't. Third time I went in with the only question of how do we stop this from happening again? I say if it turns out to be endo again for you have that on your list of questions. They can't guarantee anything but make sure they give you all the options.
Best of luck!!
Unread 01-31-2015, 11:58 AM

I can't take ANY BCP's. I remember now, her saying she'd have a hard time knowing I can't take birth control. Tried all kinds. Migraine city!!

I have definitely wised up. And I'll have my list of a zillion questions in hand. My first visit with her, she spent 2 HOURS with me. I never had a Dr cover everything and in the end ask if I had questions. I literally had no questions left unanswered.

I have been SOOOO sick to my stomach. If I had a dollar for every time someone suggested my issue was something other than hormonal, I'd be rich. It has to be the flu they tell me. Hormones don't cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Ummmm... Yes they do! Been there, done that. Doing it again.
Unread 02-01-2015, 12:16 PM

It is possible you are still experiencing endo symptoms because the endo was not properly removed. Do you know if your surgeon used ablation or excision? Excision surgery with an experienced doctor is the only way to permanently remove endo. It is a common misconception that endo grows back or returns, it most likely never left. Recurrence rates with excision are very low, if your doctor used ablation you may want to check out another doctor. I am sorry you are dealing with this, I went through the same thing 5 years ago!
Unread 02-01-2015, 02:29 PM

Thank you, Stacey!! I did not know that! But I'll make sure to ask at my appt!

I have to get past this. The phenergan isn't working to prevent vomiting and it makes me SOOOO sleepy!! I'm ordering some ginger candy and gum that people said worked wonders for nausea! Here's hoping! Cuz this won't be a quick fix. I'm also doing a diet overhaul. Something has to help. My daughter who had the flu wasn't nearly as bad as me!! I went with her and got tested cuz I was starting to doubt Endo could cause all this. I'm on meds that could be covering a fever. All tests negative. The Dr said "sorry, but you need to call ur surgeon." *sigh*. When I went through this before in 2011/2012, it went on for 3+ months. I'm not up for that!! Lol!!

Man I'm doing a lot of whining..lol!
Unread 02-01-2015, 06:09 PM

Been drinking ginger ale all day. Seems to be helping!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register