does anyone else have pressure? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

does anyone else have pressure? does anyone else have pressure?

Unread 06-20-2005, 09:39 AM
does anyone else have pressure?

I been having such bad pressure on my bladder that it's so painful. It almost feels like I'm going to be giving birth & the baby's head is sitting right there waiting to come out.
I'm going to see the DR tomorrow, I had already been to her office about these problems & she gave me "Sanctura" and that caused me to have blurred vision. So now she gave me "Detrol" so we'll see if that helps.
It seems my 2nd week I was feeling pretty good & here I'm starting on week 3 & I'm doing worst.
Did anyone else have this kind of pressure & if so how long did it take before it went away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2005, 09:56 AM

Boy do I ever! I woke up this morning almost in tears because my bladder hurt so bad. Took 3 trips to the bathroom before I got enough out to make it stop hurting. Reminded me very much of when my dd would kick my bladder just for fun.

Karen
LAVH BSO 6-17-05
Unread 06-20-2005, 10:00 AM

it's very frustrating because the Dr said I should try & walk some each day. Sure is hard to move around with all that pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2005, 10:17 AM
pressure

hi hon, sorry to hear your having the same pain i'm having. my doc said my bladder has fallen slightly, and i may have intercystial cystitis, which is an inflamation of the bladder. I'm waiting to be seen by a urologist. my advice to you is get an appoinment with a urologist to be sure. good luck, god bless.
Unread 06-20-2005, 10:20 AM

I'm reading on here more & more that a lot of woman had there bladder tied up (sling or something like that) when they had their hyster.
My Dr never said if she did that but I will ask her tomorrow when I see her.
Guess I'll have to go see an Urologist is things don't get better.
Unread 06-20-2005, 12:21 PM

I had my hysterectomy May 3rd and felt a lot of pressure 2 or 3 weeks after. It felt like I had a bladder infection. My husband infomred me that they had to peel back part of my bladder and that's why I was having pain. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks and I'm feeling much better. Hope yours clears up soon. I don't know if
I've been any help or not.
Unread 06-20-2005, 12:58 PM

taurus, thanks for that info. It does help knowing that yours did go away. I keep thinking the worst that I might have to have surgery again to tie my bladder up. I don't know how they do that but I paid a lot of money to have a tummy tuck at the same time so I wouldn't have all the scars I use to have. Previous surgeries from my OB. This time I have a nice cut made by a plastic surgeon & then my OB did the hyster & the plastic surgeon did the tummy tuck & closed me up.
I would hate the thougth of having to be cut open again if that's how they do that?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register