30 year old- have MS and now a hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

30 year old- have MS and now a hysterectomy 30 year old- have MS and now a hysterectomy

Unread 04-03-2006, 09:31 AM
30 year old- have MS and now a hysterectomy

Hello! This is my first time to post. I am a 30 year old, who found out I had MS almost 2 years ago- and now I'm going to have a abdominal hysterectomy on May 2nd. Scared to death. But I know its for the best. I have "major" cysts on both ovaries, my endimetriosis has gotten worse and I bleed real heavy.
I think I am scared because of the fact that my father went through an operation and never was the same afterwards, yes his was on his brain, but it still scares me. I don't want my kids (10 & 7) to regret anything, like I regret not telling my dad I loved him. He passed away in Oct 04.
Any advice on how to deal with things?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2006, 09:56 AM

Hi Woozboog,

You are so young to be dealing with these things - but I can hear the strength in your post. You are a survivor. Don't let the fear get to you - it is a very normal reaction to what we are going through. I would be concerned for you if you didn't experience fear. As for your father, it sounds to me like he had very different health problems than what you have. The brain is much more complex and from what I know - people can change after such a surgery. I'm so very sorry for your loss - it's natural to think of your Dad at this time. But please, realize that yours is a different situation. Yes, you have health problems - MS is not picnic. But I think you will be just fine after the hysterectomy - as a matter of fact - you may be surprised at how much BETTER you feel. Please take care of yourself. Keep posting - you will get lots of wonderful information that should help you calm your fears as well.

Hugs to you. Deb

(This is just my opinion - always seek advice from your doctor)
Unread 04-03-2006, 02:53 PM

Hi there from the other side.

I don't have ms, but I do have fibromyalgia and pretty severe osteoarthritis in my neck, so I can understand that a major surgery can be even more scary for those of us who have preexisting health problems.

In my case, I waited and waited until surgery was not an option. The multiple fibroids were growing so fast and so large that my uterus was displacing my intestines and pressing against my bladder. And the bleeding was getting very, very heavy.

In your case, you know you need the hysterectomy, and I would concentrate on the eventual positive outcome-you won't be exhausted from the bleeding and you won't be worrying about the cysts on your ovaries. In the long run, you'll have more energy to deal with the ms, both physically and mentally.

Yes, after the surgery you will have some pain and fatigue to deal with. And, it's going to take awhile, but I'm sure you'll get through it. And remember, you are not alone, there's plenty of support on the other side. I have found the sisters there are incredibly supportive, nonjudgmental, and informative. They really help you try to sort out what's normal and what's not and have a wide range of experience and advice. Good luck. See you on the other side. Guitar

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register