Post- Op Help nausea is sooooo bad :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post- Op Help nausea is sooooo bad :( Post- Op Help nausea is sooooo bad :(

Unread 04-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Post- Op Help nausea is sooooo bad :(

I need a little hope here. Today is one week since my Lap -cervix, uterus and 1 ovary removed. The nausea is about killing me. No appetite but managing to get some food in me. I have had BM's and still feel sick as a dog. Even smells are making me sick. I puked last night and it hurt my tummy. Stomach is gurgling all the time and constant belching. Tried everything, Maalox, previcid, charcoal,ginger ale you name it. Is this normal? I need to say I have always been prone to extreme nausea throughout my life. When I was pregnant with my daughter it lasted for months to the point of being hospitalized for it. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thinking about calling the doctor today. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Re: Post- Op Help nausea is sooooo bad :(

I would call dr they can give you something for it. Plus with it being a week they need to know in case they need to check you out. I was nausous for three days after my surgery. I hope you feel better soon. Sending you (((HUGS)))
Unread 04-06-2011, 07:32 AM

Hi Pagran, I am sorry you feel so bad. I too am very prone to nausea, it is awful. Are you taking anything for pain? I was (before surgery) taking Vicodin and would get extreme nausea, it was terrible. After surgery they gave me Percocet which seemed to be a little better, but I did vomit a few times, which hurts very bad! I would call your doctor, there are medications they can give to help it. Also they may want to make sure you are not dehydrated. I hope you feel better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2011, 08:05 AM

Thanks Ladies for your reply. Have a call into the Doctor. I am drinking lots of water and staying away from the coffee. I haven't been using many pain pills because they seem to make matters worse. Hopefully doctor calls me back soon.
Unread 04-06-2011, 08:25 AM

Pagran,
I hope you feel better soon! The pain medication will make the nausea worse so I would limit them. Perhaps the Dr. can prescribe a anti nausea drug (Zofran) to help combat that. You need to eat/drink high calorie items to heal and keep up your strength to heal.
Feel better soon
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:11 AM

Pagran,
I felt the same way up to about 2 days ago and I'm at the 2 week mark today. Smells were the worse for me had to hide in the bedroom when DH cooked still do some times..lol but it does get better. I've lived off of crackers and waste and a few bits of what ever was cooked. Stay strong it will pass and good idea about calling the DR.
Unread 04-06-2011, 12:05 PM

Since you are actually vomiting, they may not want to give you an oral anti-nausea drug.. Mine tried phenergan suppositories but they just added stomach cramps to an already bad situation.

So, I called and requested the scopolamine patch (sometimes they use them pre-op to ward off nausea). He agreed to call it in and it made a big difference. Hope you find relief soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register