LAVH Housework | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Housework

Is it to soon to be sweeping, mopping, laundry and dishes at 3 weeks post op??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Housework

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndesormeaux View Post
Is it to soon to be sweeping, mopping, laundry and dishes at 3 weeks post op??
yes! Let your muscles rest. I waited the full 6 weeks to do anything but unload the dishwasher. If you feel awesome and want to try something, pick one task and see how you feel. Take lots of rest breaks. Be careful!
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Re: Housework

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2013, 10:06 AM

I was just thinking that today. I had LAVH and TVT the same day as you and had some set backs already. BUT yesterday and today I feel GOOD.

So I did a little. I wiped the toilet, wiped (not scrubbed) kitchen counter, carried 3 towels to the washing machine, picked up a little. Swept a SMALL spot in the bathroom that had sand in it (we have a sandbox out side and kids track in sand) but my son did the dust pan part. I sat down every once in a while. and I am sitting now. It feels good to move. It feels good to do a little. This afternoon I will rest in bed and see how I feel.

I think it is important to move a bit, but don't over do it. I was tempted to move some heavier items but I didn't. I really have been doing bed rest for the large majority of my recovery.

I might have my son dump some clean laundry on my bed and I might fold it tonight.

Really little by little.
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:38 AM

I think laundry, and dishes done carefully is ok. The sweeping and mopping probably not. I had my hubby put the vacuum up on the highest carpet setting so its very easy to just kind of walk behind, doesn't require effort, I only do the living room and don't move anything.
I've been doing the easy basic stuff, but use common sense and listen to my body. Everyone is so different, some aren't ready to do anything, and that's ok too. I always keep in mind that I only get one chance to heal correctly, but part of my healing is mental, doing a little something is good for my spirit. Don't do anything against your docs orders, but doing just a little something can be so good for your soul!
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:00 AM

Yes, it's much too early to be doing mopping and sweeping. Read our Hysterectomy Checkpoints for weeks 3 & 4 to learn more about what you should and should not be doing. Take the time you need to heal. Remember, slow and steady wins the race.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register