Why problems after 1 mo D&C/LAP? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why problems after 1 mo D&C/LAP? Why problems after 1 mo D&C/LAP?

Unread 03-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Why problems after 1 mo D&C/LAP?

I had a D&C, Lap, ovarian cyst removal and uterine adhesion detachment on 2/22/05. DX adenomyosis. Bled for 3 weeks and 1 mo later and several Drs apts I am still having pelvic pain/pressure constantly especially when standing for periods of time (I am a teacher). I am also having pressure when I have a BM or urinate and my abdominal area is still mildly bloated. Dr found three more cysts on R ovary one week ago and wants to remove that as well over the summer with the SAP. The Dr said my hyst recovery will not be this bad. I am going back to the Drs this Wed and don't know the right questions to ask or if I should push for the hyst sooner than July. I am getting depressed due to the lenth of recovery time and worried that this will the best I'm going to be until the surgery. Has anyone had problems after this type of procedures for this extended period of time? It was supposed to be a 3-4 day recovery. I'm just so frustrated at this point. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2005, 06:49 AM

Hi,
I'm not sure about the recovery time. What did your doctor say? At one point you said "The Dr said my hyst recovery will not be this bad." Does he mean your last procedure has a longer recovery time, and that the hysterectomy will be easier? That doesn't make sense to me, because you said earlier that this last surgery was a 3-4 day recovery.

You should definitely point this out to your doctor, and specifically ask him/her why you are still having so much pain and bloating. Is it due to the other ovary? Or the last surgery? And why would a hysterectomy, which would traditionally require a longer recovery time, be easier?

Sorry, but I'm not a great help here. I hope that you get your problem resolved soon.

best,
lisandboo
Unread 03-21-2005, 03:47 PM

Thank you for responding. My doctor is not saying why this D&C and LAP which should have been only a 3-4 day recover has taken me 4 weeks and counting. She keeps skirting the issue. Yet keeps having me come back for internal exams and blood work. She doesn't seem clear if it was the surgery or the ovary or combination that is causing the problem. I'm thinking about asking for my files and taking them to another doctor for a second opinion at this point. I have heard that with adenomyosis recovery from any abdominal surgery can be extended however I never expected this. Also my BP is still not back to normal. I really don't know what to do and am utterly frustrated. Thanks again.

Jackie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2005, 04:24 PM

I am also a teacher. What grade do you teach? I have had some real embarassing moments while teaching and high school students can be EVIL!!!

As a teacher I have this advice, do what is best for you. PLEASE do not think of the kids or your job, think of you!!! I dont know what your situation is but I know that I am not teaching to the best of my ability because of my uterus.

If you have a hysterectomy ASAP [of course, whatever your doctor says is best] you will have the summer to heal.

Think of yourself!
Tamie
Unread 03-21-2005, 04:30 PM

I went back and read your post, I also have adeno. My doctor explained it to me that adeno can not be diagnosed until they take the uterus out and then they look at it.

As for a second opinion, go with your gut instinct. I spent 8 years sick until I found a good doctor and that wasnt until 9 months ago and he was my third opinion.

The more information you learn, and this web site is full of information, the more comfortable with your decision you will be with whatever you do.

Good Luck.
Tamie
Unread 03-21-2005, 04:55 PM

I teach 6-8 grade health and yes my uterus is not helping me work to the best of my ability, not to mention the current emotional swings I am having over how I feel right now. My doctor said my uterus was boggy and enlarged to twice its normal size plus had adhered to the abdominal wall. I have been anemic since July and had pelvic pain. I am tending to go get a second opinion this week just for piece of mind. I sit and read for hours on this site and it has been a great help knowing there are others out there like me. My family (mom and sis) think I should just suck it up and deal with it which is even more frustrating. Thank goodness I have such a supporting DH and 4 DS that have been helping me out this past month. At least they will be there for me after the surgery. Thanks for listening,

Jackie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register