3 weeks out and still have pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks out and still have pain 3 weeks out and still have pain

Unread 04-26-2005, 08:33 PM
3 weeks out and still have pain

Hi
I'm feeling pretty good for the most part. I still have some pain in my rightside and swelled belly. I go to the Dr tomarrow to see why i still have pain in my rightside. I also get leg cramps. I think I'm doing well in my recovery. I have more pain at night and first thing in the morning ( I think I thrash around in my sleep)and at night. I still have issuses falling asleep at night .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2005, 08:41 PM

I'll be 3 weeks tomorrow and still have some pain and spotting. I find that there are times when I have absolutely no pain and times when I have cramps and times when I have sharp, shooting pain. Overall I feel good though. Very tired! lost some blood and hemoglobin went down to 8. Just had it checked yesterday, waiting for results. I too have a difficult time sleeping. I am very restless, even on nights when I didn't nap much during the day. I haven't had too much trouble with swelling except at night. I hope you continue to have a good recovery.

Lisa
39yr.old TVH 4/6/05 kept ovaries, adeno. and fibroids
Unread 04-27-2005, 09:06 PM
Went to Dr. today

I had a dr appointment today . I found out I have a minor infection thats why i have pain in the rightside.
Shes letting me go back to work next week (lite duty). All else looks good. I go back on the 9th of May.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2005, 09:23 AM

Glad to hear they found out what is wrong and can make it go away. I'm feeling pretty good, still get tired quickly though, I think I might take the whole 6 weeks the Dr. said I could take. I teach kindergarten and can't imagine keeping up with 21 5yr olds just yet! Take it easy and good luck going back to work.
Unread 04-28-2005, 09:44 AM
cramping at night

I was glad to hear that is what the pain felt like. Cause I think that it was weard that it feels like cramps. And usually at the end of the day.
I was two weeks yesterday and doing well. Was able to go to grocery store (my husband drove me and pushed cart and carried heavy stuff). But it WAS WONDERFUL to get out!

Happy recovering to everyone.
Unread 04-28-2005, 12:19 PM
3 weeks still having pain

Had TAH on April 7th, in my third week post-op and having pain in the abdominal area--have hematoma. Saw doctor last week and had to have lidocaine injections on right side which burned at first. No fever and suture line is closed but the pain occurs for me mostly after 2pm until bedtime even with rest. A fellow hystersister stated in one of the chats she hold her stomache in which I am trying and it actually seems to decrease some of the pain for a short time. Sitting and getting up from the chair are my most difficult pain activities. Hope you feel better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register