Here I Go...TVH scheduled - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Here I Go...TVH scheduled Here I Go...TVH scheduled

Unread 02-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Here I Go...TVH scheduled

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw5382
Good Luck and if you have more questions just ask. There is always a sister on here willing to help.
Thanks so much. Everyone here is so helpful and encouraging, it's helping me tremendously when hardly anyone else around me seems to really understand. I have a couple of friends that have had hysterectomies but I'm surprised how little they knew before they got it, and how little they understand about their HRT. I'm an information junkie and I have to know what is wrong, specifically, and what they are going to do about it, specifically. I have to be a part of the decisions - I can't sit back and let the docs be the authority over my life. At least that's how I feel - I wonder sometimes if I'm fooling myself about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2008, 05:43 AM
Here I Go...TVH scheduled

Don't worry about what anyone else thinks when it comes to your body. No one else knows your body like you do. I went to my family doctor who is also OB/Gyn and told him I was in pain and needed help and what was wrong and what I think needed to be done. He sent me for an ultrasound and said it showed a cyst and that I should wait 4 weeks and if I was still was in pain to come back. No way was I waiting another 4 weeks. I had been in severe pain for over a year already. I got on the internet, talked to friends and found my GYN doctor on my own. I had been told 10 years ago that I needed to have this surgery and I put it off. I wish I had done it then I feel so much better now. So don't let any one make you feel bad and you should always get all the info you can because doctors don't always tell you all the facts. I think they just assume you know more than they tell you.
I will keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted and let us know how you are doing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register