LAVH Mood and emotions after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mood and emotions after hysterectomy Mood and emotions after hysterectomy

Unread 07-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Mood and emotions after hysterectomy

Hi everyone, this is my first time on here!! I had an LAVH on June 7. Everything seems great, but I was wondering if some crazy emotions are normal too with others?? I still have both ovaries and 1 tube.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Re: Mood and emotions

Sometimes just the stress of major surgery can cause your emotions to rollercoaster. Also some women go through a kind of emotional grief due to the loss of female organs and the end of childbearing. Even if you kept your ovaries you may experience moodiness because your ovaries are not producing hormones "up to speed" yet. When the uterus is removed the uterine artery is severed and that is also a main source of blood to the ovaries too. It takes awhile for the ovaries to develop collateral blood flow and to return to full function. Some women ask their doc for some HRT in the interim if the symptoms are bad. In very rare instances the ovaries do not establish adequate blood flow and may atrophy. In that situation you would experience surgical menopause and need supplemental HRT on a permanent basis.
Unread 07-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Re: Mood and emotions after hysterectomy

Yes, moodiness is common until your body adjust to all the changes.

Curious why you kept a tube? It is useless without the uterus and it is believed now that ovarian cancer starts in the tube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:38 PM

Hey, this is my first time on here too. I had a hysterectomy on June 24. They took everything except my left ovary. I thought that I prepared myself for the emotional part but I'm having a really hard time. I know it has only been a week, but I find myself extremely sad and on somewhat of an emotional roller coaster. Part of it is that I am 29 and I'm not a mother, although I wish to be. I hope that you start feeling better emotionally, if you have any suggestions I'm open to them ! :-)
Unread 07-03-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotteel View Post
Yes, moodiness is common until your body adjust to all the changes.

Curious why you kept a tube? It is useless without the uterus and it is believed now that ovarian cancer starts in the tube.
The Dr said the tube had attached itself to one of my ovaries in a way that she felt it was better to leave it. She didn't see any future issues with leaving it.
Unread 07-03-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVanDusen View Post
Hey, this is my first time on here too. I had a hysterectomy on June 24. They took everything except my left ovary. I thought that I prepared myself for the emotional part but I'm having a really hard time. I know it has only been a week, but I find myself extremely sad and on somewhat of an emotional roller coaster. Part of it is that I am 29 and I'm not a mother, although I wish to be. I hope that you start feeling better emotionally, if you have any suggestions I'm open to them ! :-)
Oh honey, I know that there is a grieving process that most women go through but in your case is understandably stronger. My first week I was far more emotional and still on the Rollercoaster myself. Hang in there honey!!! It's so nice to have this support!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register