Well, I am gonna try going back on the pill | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well, I am gonna try going back on the pill Well, I am gonna try going back on the pill

Unread 12-06-2002, 04:11 PM
Well, I am gonna try going back on the pill

My doctor agrees its worth a try, and that the risks of the pill are less than the risks of surgery. it always worked before in controlling the symptoms, up until 2 years ago when it just stopped working (see my other post). So maybe now that I been off it two years, it will work. I just worry that maybe I really have late stage endo, and if its going to cause any further bowel and bladder problems. I have been suffering heartburn lately, and they saw a polyp as far up as my gall bladder, wonder if that was part of it. I gotta stop worrying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2002, 04:53 PM

Hi Roro_c,

I had been on the pill for 20 years, and it did a pretty good job of controlling my bleeding and cramps, but suddenly it "quit working". For 3 more years we tried many other brands, dosages, etc., but nothing helped. Turns out I had fibroids, and one of them was just plain bleeding.

Definitely try it - heck, if you find one that works for you, your troubles may be over. It's worth a shot, for sure.

Just wanted to let you know that one possible reason they can "quit working" is fibroids.

-----

D'oh! I just put two and two together, and realized that I had already suggested fibroids in another post - so nevermind. I hope the pill works for you! Sure would beat surgery.
Unread 12-06-2002, 06:02 PM

I do have fibroids, and that may be whats causing the bleeding. They saw them on the sonogram. I am just afraid of surgery, but I know if this doesnt work I will have to go in for myomectomy. But my dr also suspects endo because of the bowel and bladder problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2002, 09:27 PM

I think it would be a good idea if you can get to the bottom of the endo question before you try the pills again. Can your doctor take a peek to confirm endo? If it is endo, does he encourage pills? Won't that make the endo grow more rapidly?

You're in a tight spot. Talk with your doctor again. Try a second opinion. You're right, you have to stop worrying (easier said than done). Go for answers first, try all your options, and if you end up with surgery...we'll be here to help you. There are so many fellow sisters in your shoes.

Hang in there
Unread 12-07-2002, 07:42 AM

Hi roro_c,

I hope you get good relief on the bc pills. This is usually the first step in treatment even for endo, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

As the others have suggested, if this doesn't work you can investigate some of the other options. You are smart to view a hyst as a last resort after other options have been tried.

Sending big hugs your way.

Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register