adenomyosis and swollen stomach.... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adenomyosis and swollen stomach.... adenomyosis and swollen stomach....

Unread 05-16-2008, 10:03 PM
adenomyosis and swollen stomach....

Yes, the adenomyosis can cause swelling. My surgery report came back with fibroids and adenomyosis and I can tell my stomach has gone down quite a bit since the surgery....I am a little over 2 weeks out. I am sooo glad to have it out and I already feel so much better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1982
Hi! I have been told that I have adenomyosis and will eventually have a hysterectomy. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this condition will cause alot of bloating. I look like I am about 5 months preg. I can't stand to feel like this all the time.
Cookie,
Quality of life was my decidng factor. Besides the pain and swelling I was exhausted all the time (only 39). I have been dealing with endo and my doctor suspected adenomyosis after my last Laparoscopy in March. That's when he fould my uterine fibroids. Since hubby and I don't want to have children we thought it pointless to go through fibroid removal periodically. So, hysterectomy it was keeping my ovaries. It has only been 5 weeks but I am already happy with this decision. I couldn't have lived with the daily pain and fatigue. Hope this helps-Good luck!
Unread 05-17-2008, 10:40 PM

Heya,
The swelling is a direct result of the Adenomyosis. The blood is flowing into the muscle outside of the uterus. This in turn causes the muscle to swell which causes the massive tummy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2008, 09:28 PM

Thanks everyone for replying. Like I said before. I feel like I am crazy. I ask my dr if this causes swelling, and one time she said yes, the next she says no. ?????????? I am going to have a scope on the 28th of June. Maybe then I will get some answers. I hope there is a reason for all this. sometimes I wonder if I am always going to look like I'm pregnant.!! My sister told me today that she noticed how much weight I have gained "especially thru your middle"... That sure does make it real!!!
Unread 05-19-2008, 05:20 PM

I had an ablation in July 07 and was old I had adenomyosis. I have noticed a lot of swelling in my belly and no matter what I do, I can't get rid of it! ...I am scheduled for hysterectomy tomorrow and hope that this will take care of the swelling!
Unread 05-19-2008, 05:22 PM

I had an ablation in July 07 and was told I had adenomyosis and noticed that my stomach has gotten bigger and bigger....I am scheduled for hyster tomorrow morning, with hopes that not only will it take care of the pain, but relieve me of the swelling!!
Unread 05-19-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmer00
I had an ablation in July 07 and was old I had adenomyosis. I have noticed a lot of swelling in my belly and no matter what I do, I can't get rid of it! ...I am scheduled for hysterectomy tomorrow and hope that this will take care of the swelling!
Kimmer,
Good luck tomorrow! Don't forget to check out the checklist of things to bring to the hospital, don't be afraid to ask for more pain medicine if you need it!!
Also, checkout the "post op discussions" section when you get home. You will be able to follow a forum of women who are all having surgery this same week as you. You can converse, ask each other questions, offer support, etc. I am in my 6th post op week and that forum has been a life saver!!! Also, be sure to check out the "checkpoints" section at the beginning of post op week 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6. For some reason, when you sign up for it, the website sends you this info in the middle of the timeframe and it was less helpful to me. These checkpoints give you (and your significant other) valuable info about symptoms, suggestions, warning signs, etc. Also, extremely valuable to me in my healing.
Your swelling will go away. Adenomyosis causes so much inflammation and it will get better.
Keep in touch!
Unread 05-27-2008, 05:10 PM
One week out

Well, I had my LAVH one week ago today....to say the least, I should have done this a while ago. When they were in there, both my right ovary and my uterus were attaching themselves to my abdominal wall. My OBGYN took pictures while she was in there and OMG! It is unbelievable what my insides looked like! The difference between the right and left ovary are unbelievable! Both my right ovary and my uterus look completely distorted because of this! She kept my left ovary, however, there is a possibility that it may need to come out eventually as there was a lot of endo and ando....so, time will tell. I am feeling relatively well with it only being one week out....I'm kind of going stir crazy as I am trying to keep things to a minimum. Today my 15 year old asked me "don't you get bored just sitting/laying here all day?" Well, wasn't that the question of the month! Anyway, so far, so good. Hopefully this will help with the swelling I was experiencing, however, I don't expect miracles and expect it to all be gone in a day or two! Take care everyone!
Unread 05-28-2008, 01:49 PM

Kimmer,
You are over the worst of it! Rest and give yourself this time to heal. Keep up with the thread for other sisters who had their procedures last week. that will be a great support and source of info! Good luck and good healing!
Unread 05-29-2008, 11:14 AM
adeno swelling

I was just diagnosed with adeno yesterday. It certainly explains why skirts I've worn to work for YEARS all of a sudden started getting tighter and tighter to zip. I did gain 10 pounds over the winter (and I am pretty heavy as it is) but I swear that 10 lbs was ALL in the lower gut. Hopefully it goes down after I have a hyst (not scheduled yet, thinking next fall).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register