Belly button incision? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Belly button incision? Belly button incision?

Unread 12-31-2009, 07:51 AM
Belly button incision?

Lavh/bso on 29th-home yesterday. Woke up this AM belly button had bled thru on gown and is still a bit weepy. Very swollen too all around abdomen area. Is this normal? They would only give me hydrocodones for home I wanted what they gave me in hospital percosets. So am hurting too. Ugh. Any tips?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2009, 11:44 AM
Re: Belly button incision?

I had DVH/BSO.. my belly button was the most painful incision, at 8 days post op it still is. It was swollen at first, bleeding a bit then felt like it was a knot in my stomach. keeping it clean and dry helps, I assume its normal as it has been like this thru all my laprscopic surgeries. If the hydrocodone isnt helping call your dr and let them know. im sure they will help some how. hope you feel better
Unread 12-31-2009, 01:52 PM

my belly button bled thru my hospital gown day after surgery. For me keeping it clean and dry really helped also I kept a guaze bandage over mine first few days and heating pad on my belly was wonderful!!!! I have the rice heating pad you warm in the microwave. If the pain meds aren't working call the dr, not every pain med works for every person. It worked just fine for me and I was told I could take motrin with it too if I needed to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2009, 02:02 PM

Thanks friends!! I called dr and she made me come in to office so she could inspect. Sure enough, the "dermabound" had not held and my bbutton incision was coming open! Ick! She recleaned, re swabbed wi the human super glue and rebandaged all. Told me to leave on for one week to heal completely. Also suggested motrin wi hydrocodones to help wi pain. Weeeee... Guess I'm on the road to recovery. You should have seen the people in the waitig room when I came shuffling in with gown, robe, and houseshoes on clutching tummy! Ha! I'm sure I looked like a train wreck!
Unread 12-31-2009, 02:05 PM

ok can't help but laugh at your description. I went to a memorial service just 2 days post up in my comfy yoga pants but w/ 2 pillows in tow and my hospital insulated cup. I sure got the looks!!

Glad you went in and got reglued. Hope all gets better now!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register